Sponsored By:  

Donington 20th July

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, Jun 18, 2020.

1. I have booked this, think its going to be the first one with the forged engine and new turbo, will see what its like :astonished::astonished:

Anyone else going ???

2. I might come up and see how it goes Ian, seeing as I’m only 25mins away.

3. Be good to meet up, it says "no spectators but essential helpers are ok" you any good at cleaning :laughing::laughing::laughing:

4. Nice, Donington was last trackday I done. Only done it once, loved it.

5. I’ll see if I can get the yellow peril on track too, any spaces left do you know?

6. Yes there are still spaces available, get it booked :laughing::laughing:

7. Who’s it with Ian?

8. @Poppaboost did you manage to get in on this ????

We have booked a curry at Gandhi in Castle Donington if you want to join us.

9. Not to drive unfortunately, mines awaiting wishbone renewal and mates yellow track weapon needs a new fuel pump fitting, will still come up for a few hrs and see you though.

10. Okay will see you there at some point :sunglasses::sunglasses:

11. You got a garage?

12. Yes, wont know which one till i get there, you got my Reg number haven't you :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Think there are 5 of us

13. Forgot, there free so will be there early :laughing::laughing::laughing:

14. Got your phone number so will just text or ring you mate :wink:

15. okay great :sunglasses:

16. Great day
    Had a couple of little problems, the boost pipe over the engine blew off, easy fixed, went out and the boost pipe came off the stainless pipe that is at the side of the engine, that took a bit longer to refit as the engine was hot :openmouth:

then there was this

50141928591_daaf57a38b_k.jpg IMG_20200720_150552 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

17. Was fun getting in there, not so much getting it out again :tearsofjoy:

ianplymouth likes this.
  18. Once we got back to the garage we had to try and get all of the gravel out, in the end had to remove the bumper to get it all out.
    Sort of put an end to the day, but it was late afternoon so not too worried missed an hour or so, also couldnt doo much with this :laughing::laughing:

50141928911_5dfe9ef4ad_k.jpg IMG_20200720_153733 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

thanks for your help @Poppaboost and sorry for the scare :openmouth:

19. [QUOTE="ianplymouth, post: 209774, member: 9981] thanks for your help @Poppaboost and sorry for the scare :openmouth:[/QUOTE]

No problem at all mate, good to see you again and mates booked Oulton for the sept too.
    No scare mate all good fun, and like you said if you don’t end up off the track at some point you’re not trying hard enough :smile:

ianplymouth likes this.
  20. these young lads thinking they can drive!..the youth of today.:mask:
    You crashed at the ring as well ian!..better sell the megane and buy yourself something a little more steady.
    Got a very nice proton jumbuck here, with your name all over it!

21. actually mate,the car looked quick.
    When nothing goes past you apart from the mental stuff,you know your doing ok!

22. What corner did you go off at? Last trackday I done was at Donington in October.

23. We went off on the last left turn of craners, 3rd time I’ve spun there as a passenger too :tearsofjoy:

Then went out with Ian’s mate in a stripped out M3 and he spun coming through the chicane onto the main straight too!

24. I was in the passenger seat when he lost it going into Mclean's, i know he was trying to catch the Ferrari 488 race car :laughing::laughing::laughing:

25. No chance i'm selling it yet, only just made it faster :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  26. Ahhh good its your fault then :sunglasses::sunglasses: bad influence :laughing::laughing:

27. Except it spun your way, so if I hadn’t been weighing down the passenger side it would’ve let go earlier:wink:

28. Those two commentators on the video sound very professional :tearsofjoy:

29. The running commentary was okay, just bought a GoPro 8 so the voice part should be better, look out Grandstand :laughing::laughing::laughing:

30. My mate in the bm recon'd it was my fault he spun due to the weight in the passenger seat, he just needed an excuse :openmouth::openmouth:

Think he was trying to scare me :tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

31. lucky it was a bit muffled...i could certainly pick up some colorful language!

32. Ha ha ha ha too many race cars thinking they own the track, its my thing now to get past them or get in there way :laughing::laughing:

33. Think the Favourite one is "Fucking BMW's" :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:, there just as bad on track as on the road :openmouth::openmouth:

Poppaboost likes this.
  34. Last left of Craners, ha. Brown pants moment I’m guessing. Where you taking that flat? (Haven’t has time to watch vid yet) when I was there Was wondering if I would be able to take the left flat but didn’t have the balls to do it in my own car.

35. I didn´t see this thread! Ian, from my couch, the car seems very fast and push great. About the picture, I´m not an expert, but it suppose you must to drive on the black side of the track, right?:tonguewink::tonguewink:

ianplymouth likes this.
  36. Before it was mapped yes it was flat, now its running more power i lift before the corner and then power through the corner then brake hard :laughing::laughing:
    I was on the power when the back came around, was over 110mph just pushing on more and more each lap :sunglasses::sunglasses:

It was bound to go wrong at some point :laughing::laughing::laughing:

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  37. It does go well, pulls hard and strong to the limiter.

Thanks for pointing that out, that must be where i'm going wrong then, will try the black stuff on the next track day

manugtt likes this.