265 Does this sound normal...

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Most will probs say it's the cambelt idler fault but that doesn't sound the same to me. Was the engine warm?

2. My car is in for the same noise, on my car it was the aux belt tensioner and also the de-phaser pulley (req new timing belt). You could actually see the aux tensioner moving from side to side !!!

3. Has your car been remapped Smith?

4. Yes Superchip Bluefin

5. Any issues getting that noise checked under warranty then?

6. No not for me as I work for a dealer

7. I had a similiar noise after Renault fitted my cam and aux belt after getting rid of the dreaded rattle noise as people have previously mentioned. Renault said a twig and stones had managed to knock the aux belt out of line hence the rubbing noise, sounds from what I can make out like yours. I didn't believe it and put it down to there own careless work , it was easily fixed. The pulley tensioner issue for me was a intermittent rattling noise like someone had left a spanner in the bay. This doesn't sound like that issue mate thankfully as that was a all belts off solution for 960

8. I guess it does kind of sound like a rubbing noise.. It is due it's first service in 800 miles so I'll ask them to check it out