Does the fuel flap unlock with the locking?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by twinturbo, Mar 16, 2019.

1. MK2 2k4

Should the fuel flap unlock, or is there a hidden button?

Cheers

TT

2. Yes it should unlock with the doors, i think there is a manual/emergency release in behind the inside cover

3. will add to the list of things to fix.

Cheers

4. could not work out where the motor or emergency was.. managed to get it open and just put tape over the hole in the flap for the time being to stop it locking.

5. There is a solenoid attached to the interior C pillar that has an extended Plunger that extends into a hole in the plastic back of the flap itself, the plunger rod is plastic and can warp if the flap is not aligned when locking that causes jamming of the rod

Third party units are available around £20 but not as reliable Main dealer Price £53.15 simple enough to fit when interior trim removed, but be careful if you have alarm sensors fitted as the cables are very short

6. I managed to get it open, and have put tape over the pin hole to stop it re-locking.

I looked behind the carpet for the motor, or a manual release! but obviously looking in the wrong place...

Alarm sensors.... There's one on the fuel flap side... And nothing but two stubs of very short wire on the other...

7. You need to remove the driver's side parcel shelf support and the "carpet" on the "C" pillar this should allow you to see the solenoid actuator that is inside the actual pillar but visible through openings in the pillar

Solenoid actuator for sale [just to show what you are looking for]
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/003-RENA...287847?hash=item3fbc5f1627:g:LwcAAOSwax5YnG1x

It looks like someone has already broken the passenger side alarm sensor on yours, mine is the drivers side and is still there but cables need soldering back onto sensor:blush:

8. The alarm sensors looked like an afterthought... Probably got knocked of with something loaded int he boot!

Cheers

TT