Disappointing Dump Valve.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by JetsetRon, Jun 2, 2015.

1. I've just fitted a Forge DV to my 225, and even though the DV and fitting kit is of good quality, the sound is disappointingly quiet.

I was looking for the 'ttttsch' from my Cossy/Series 1 RST days.

I don't want to invest in another fitting kit, so wanted to try a different DV that has the same fitment as the Forge.

There's plenty of universal twin pistons on eBay under £40, would these be louder?

TIA.

2. That's strange, the Forge DV that was fitted to my old 225 made a proper whoosh noise, not quiet at all. The recirc I've got on this car is less chavvy though!

3. Don't forge do different coloured springs?

4. What's the recirc sound like mate I'm looking at getting one. Thought it would sound nice with my induction kit.

Apologies OP for jacking. But my mate has a DV and it sounds like an electric one its that bad. More of a hiss!

5. Forge DV that is on a Meg R26

6. It came with different springs which are for higher boosting engines (so I've been told), which I presume would make the problem worse?

7. My bother in law had a DV fitted to his 250 and also found it quite and disappointing.
    that was also from Forge, his changed the springs over and even visited RS Tunning for them to look at it and they couldn't make it sound better and in the end he got rid of it.
    i know that does not help. But at lest you know others have had the same problems

8. Ovy

Ovy

Has the factory recirculating valve been blanked off? If not your currently running two valves and could be why?

9. My 250 has a Forge BOV & is as loud as f**k. I put a shim in on the yellow spring & its about half as loud now.

10. Any links to that one :smile:

11. I had the Forge on for 1 day, disappointing! Changed to a Blitz one, holy f*** :eek:
    I've had it on for nearly 2 years now, still stunned that everyone is buying Forge..

12. Recirc valve is blanked off (my knuckles are still recovering). Thanks for the recommendation MrPink, to be honest as I've invested £130 in the Forge, I don't want to spend more then £40 on a replacement, wondering if any of the cheapie universal DV's are any good???

13. Strange my Forge DV on my old 265 was very loud indeed. Have a look at GT Performance in France ( they're on eBay ). I had one of their cheap valves fitted to the 225 and it worked a treat.

14. How to blank it off?? just fit mine one 2 days ago and found it is really quiet...

I install in this way http://www.meganesport.net/dumpvalveguide.htm

15. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

mine was quiet when I bought it (was 2nd hand) upon checking the spring I realised it was one of the stiffer ones so ordered a softer one and sounds great now

Would prefer a HKS but pricey!