Diff between a external dump valve and recurculating ing valve.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RsMarley, Oct 12, 2020.

1. On my f1 used to have a external dump valve t pieced in just befor the throttle boddy. Worked nice no faults sounded great but i went through two solanoids in a year, think it was too harsh for it and went back to standard. Couldent hear it dump any way afte i put a straight pipe on lol.
    Now ive been reading people get issues with bov cause that airs already been measured and if u let it dump to atmosphere instead of recurculate it causes issues.
    Im calling bs on this. For one simple fact that the recurculating valve basically blows back in take and that air must be compressed and measured again any way so the differance between the two is zero when it comes to it.
    So will a bov with the right spring for ure boost pressure cause any issues. No it shouldent.
    Do i want to fit one to my rb8. Yes befor i put a straight pipe on it to lol.
    Has any one else had issues with the boost control solanoid dying prematurley cause of a bov?
    Kinugawa Billet Adjustable Recirculation Valve, anybody running one of the ebay cheepies. Seems the simular to the forge and u get three springs with it.

2. No ídea about the issues but Properfekt is another recirc valve option. Looks well made and comes with two springs. Got one on my R26.

RsMarley likes this.