175 DCI Diferences in 2.0 dci 150 hp vs 175 hp?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Diogo Gomes, Mar 1, 2021.

1. So i bought a 150hp dci, what are the diferences to the 175.
    Can i just make some easy changes and get the 175, or are internals diferente aswell?

sorry about my english

Tks

2. Internal are all the same, the 175 though has additional balancing shafts in the sump to avoid vibrations, the turbo is different and maybe the injectors too. you can easily remap a 150 to 180 with a stage 1 with no issues.

best mods are to get an Espace or Laguna turbo to fit on it as they are slightly bigger, an high flow air filter. and do a remap.

I have a 150 GT dci and I love it, yes 0-60 is not great but still amused me on the b roads. I have installed the full suspension setup from the r26 with a cup chassis and she handles like a dream.

Diogo Gomes likes this.
  3. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

As far as I'm aware the main differences are the DCi175 has a water cooled turbo with electronic water pump, and a dpf.

Pretty much everything else is the same. Gearbox may have different ratios if that.

And not all DCi175 have balancing shafts, mine doesn't. Injectors are the same too.

Can you provide me with the data badge from the turbo to see the turbo details. As if it's a gta1549v a GT150 should achieve 200+hp from just a map in my opinion.

4. Tks for the response :smile:

The thing is i tried a 175 and below 2000 rpm has so much more kick then mine. i saw that the 175 has peak torque at 1750 rpm and mine is at 2000.
    Someone told me that the 175 as the GTA1852V witch is bigger. .

P.s: Mine is a megane 2 break not the gt, dont know if is any diferente.

Tks

5. GT gearbox is PK4-001 same for non GT and GT, 175 has a PK4-013, ratio are the same apart from the diff ratio.
    Turbo are deffo different, here are the part numbers for each attached
    also a renault doc for all gearboxes
    Injectors are also listed in pictures below

Attached Files:

6. GTA1549V is fitted to the laguna 2.0dci 180 so would fit the 150 engine and achieve easily 200 with a stage 1 map

7. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Those part numbers dont mean anything to me give me gta0000 gb0000 codes and I can find info. i

what does the data badge say on your turbo

8. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

The peak torque etc is determined by the map (aftermarket or stock) regardless of turbos. can you put a picture of the data badge off the turbo up? you'll have to take air filter pipe off.

like this MH8t7cH.jpg

What is your engine is it the 2.0 m9r?

No the 175 comes with a GTA1549LV standard

I cant remember the turbo i sold off the GT i broke but im sure there just the same and not water cooled