Did the Airbox mod.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by imprezaworks, Sep 23, 2015.

1. I expected more noise tbh. You can hear it just, and the turbo noise seems a bit better. Took all the foam out and fitted an itg. The paper filter was dirty and it does seem to go well, but was kind of disappointed with the sound. Was I expecting too much?

2. how big did you make the hole? I have a air box modified lieing outside you could have had and saved your standard one

I put a ram air cone on in the end makes loads more noise and only £30

3. What you got mate mk2 or mk3? Just realised your name, you got the flamer right?

4. And the Monaco? And the cup? Lol

5. Ha ha, I did have. Only got the Megane at the mo. It's a 225 trophy.

i made the whole quite big, wasn't sure how much to do away with.

6. Appreciate the the offer mate. Have you a pic of your set up?. It's an ass doing it (lack of patience)

7. Or a pic of your modified one as a comparison? If it's easier to txt a pic that would be great?

8. will text you one later :smile:

9. Cheers

10. If you want noise fit a steel mesh style cone filter . . . mine sounds like a plane gearing up! Not sure if I'm sucking lots of hot air through though /-:

11. Yeah don't really want hot air lol, noise would be nice :smile:

getting the the back box chop done later, will see how that pans out :smile:

12. only got mine done a month ago and its the best mod for least money in my opinion. I love the noise it gives on standard exhaust. Where you getting it done

13. Dude I'll have the modded air box if your not using it . . .

14. I'm closer and he asked me first lol

15. Ha of course . . . if you decide to have it can I have your one?

Planning on re-fitting the standard air box (modded) but like he said may as well save standard one.

16. Don't need to worry too much about heat soak on turbo cars. The intercooler will take care of that.

17. I have modded mine so I won't need it mate. Interested to see how he's done it.

18. ha ha you could if closer but I aint posting sorry pal

19. will take a pic at lunch its down the side of the house!

20. Understandable no worries dude . . .

21. Just wondering, where is the hole supposed to be for this mod? i've just checked my air filter after newly owning the car, and looking into the air box with the panel filter removed - it has a HUGE hole in the bottom right? but surely that's create nothing but dirty air coming in??

22. I cut the hole in the bottom right as you look at the car.

23. Like this

[​IMG]

24. And that hole is at the back of the box, right?

25. Absolutely no different than running a cone imo.

26. Same as mine, the hole is at the front so the air goes in, get rid of the pile feed to it as well, Paul at RS tuning through mine out

27. No that pic is as you look at the car with the box in its place. I removed the foam too. If I'm feeling arsed I will cut the hole a little bigger.

on a separate note I did the box chop and inside the car it's quieter than I thought. Windows down and when you stand by the car and blip the throttle sounds good though. It may get louder after a bit, maybe?

28. Sorry for my lack of knowledge regarding this, but does the Air box mod have any other benefits besides the increase in induction noise?
    Basically is it worth doing? At the moment I am running a ktec panel filter

29. From what I've read minimal unless all the mods are mapped together. I'm going to get a recirc (forge) and then book in to get the car mapped properly.

But imo after driving the car with the itg it's worth doing. That and my paper filter was dirty