250 Deformed brake discs after every trackday

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by sergio, Feb 10, 2019.

1. HI!.

I want to know if there are a really good brake discs that don't deform after a trackday.

After every 30-35 laps in circuit my OEM brake discs say "byebye" because the car got a lot of vibrations and I need to replace them.

I've been spent three sets of oem discs in less than a year and i'm tired of this problem.

Thanks!

2. Hi Sergio
    I think there is another problem here, but first what make of disc's and pads are you using ???
    My car is only for trackdays, i do drive to the track as well, but that is it.
    I think the problem is that you are not letting your brakes cool down properly after your stint, its brake pad deposits sticking to the hot disc's.
    I run Brembo plain disc's with Carbon Lorraine xp8 pads and don't have a problem.

On a separate item, have you done a trackday at Catalunya circuit ?? would really like to do a day there

3. its not the disc's 'deforming' its just pad build up on surface, change pads try CL or Ferrodo DS1.11 or Pagid RS29 or carbotech XP8 or 10, or PBS there's load good aftermarket pads to choose from, shop around

-Jamie- likes this.
  4. Also, don't apply the hand brake until your brake have cooled down after doing your runs as that can warp the discs.

5. hell yer... excessive heat in just one area of disc can for sure buckle the material, as opposed to uniform heat around the disc which is what its designed for

6. I'm running with PFC Z, normally I run 6 fast laps and 1 cooling lap and after 35 laps my discs got a lot of vibrations.

Yes the circuit de catalunya is a little bit big for our cars but it's amazing.

7. then, my question is if I spend money in other best brake discs maybe don't have this probmem?

I want to test Carbon lorraine brake pads

8. test other pads first
    keep laps time to 15 mins
    do good cool down lap
    dont use hand brake in pit area

could save shit load un-necessary money

9. I had the same problem last year - bought my car and did a donington day, horrific front brake judder
    Fitted 4 brand new HC brembo discs and new brembo pads - went to cadwell, horrific front brake judder

I'm thinking about selling the car but if I don't I've heard that fitting a better pad and doing some high speed stops (like 80 down to zero half a dozen times) cleans the deposits off the discs

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Pad deposits almost certainly, PFZ are OK but if you really lean on them they ain't the most aggressive and will deposit like other compounds when ran outwith their heat range.

11. i think a lot of this could be down to plain disks.
    I was getting judder on my brembo blanks,which i never had when pushing hard on my OEM crossdrilled disks.

12. I put a set of PF z rated pads in my 265 because they were great in my 225 with 250 brake setup, after the first track day i took them out, they were no way as good.
    I fitted the CL rc8's and they are sooooo much better, got some PBS pads to try, as i have never tried them before, will let you know :laughing::laughing:

PF z's are okay on the road so might swap when at the track to use them up :laughing::laughing:

13. Had OEM crossdrilled for Donington - juddered
    Swapped for OEM plain as I think drilled are a joke - juddered

14. ok, i can buy again OEM brembo 09.A752.21 by only 69 euro each pair... and test other brake pads.

15. I went for plain disc's as they were chewing my pads away so quickly, the last set i got was from my local parts supplier he phoned Brembo while i was there and Brembo only supply plain disc's now, grooved are to order apparently now,.

I have never had a problem with the plain disc's , but 69 euro a pair, they can't be genuine Brembo's for that price, i think i paid £195 a pair and that's with a generous discount.

16. No fake discs, bought in Oscaro.

Attached Files:

17. shit that's cheap :laughing::laughing::laughing:

18. I've done this successfully in the past. It does work. Did a track day at Bedford in a 172 Cup with DS2500 pads after which the brakes felt 'warped'. Basically repeated the bedding-in procedure (load of high speed to 10mph, then let them cool without applying) and they were fine.

I reckon the cause might have been I went on track without the pads being bedded properly into the discs.

19. Exactly this