decat ?????

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by gjonmat, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ok this has been posted loads of times on "other" forums

but I have just got a ktec 3" cat back (from fcs on display, how many of your lots finger prints are on my pipe :smile:

well I don't earn mega bucks and this is a realistic forum so my question is it worth it?

I have a "mot" guy so that bit is sorted but its the flames I have a hard on for,

just bombing around town 85% of the time so no flames there

and have a few more track days planed yippee

but would it be worth the ball ache for a few track days just to get flames or should I grow up??????

ps I could warm up my big mac when I am revving it up in mac`s car park to piss off the vxr muppets :smile:

2. Chiaki Khunt.

Chiaki Khunt. Troll.

Just get a flamer kit mate I've got one fitted its wicked flick of a switch and I've got a beasty flame thrower coming out my pipes.

3. Oh that sounds like fun how much? Easy fit?

4. Chiaki Khunt.

Chiaki Khunt. Troll.

Yeah blad just hav to drill hole for spark plug before the pipe goes into 2. Cheap on ebay.

5. Pmsl

6. Sod it for £200 shall I just do it? I know if I don't I will always wish I did ! Must keep my cat though incase I fall out with mr "mot" :-)

7. I need someone to say NO big mistake..........

8. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

No big mistake.

9. mine had decat when i brought it. the sound is amazing but to be fair i cant compare as never had it standard.
    MOT due in march but aint got a friendly mot man sorted yet! not had any flames yet tho

10. Daz

Daz

If you have an 'mot' guy you might as well do it - this is usually the stumbling block for people.

11. just do it!!!

my next option is a sports cat.not sure how much difference there is?

12. Mines got a decat and no flames for me

13. Reminds me of this....
    [​IMG]

14. at fcs there was a white r26 that was spitting flames round the track just looked awesome he went on the shit dyno after me not sure if he is on here

15. Daz

Daz

lolz..

16. Chiaki I think you should upload some videos hahahahahaah

17. Chiaki Khunt.

Chiaki Khunt. Troll.

I sort a video out when I can bruv you will luv the flames think 2 jet afterburners it's wicked.

18. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Sounds wicked, get some vids n ting up

19. Did any of you with the ktec decat get any bolts? The top bracket on the decat that attaches to the manifold doesn't fit the bolt? :confused:

20. Ktec Decat

I didn't get anything with the decat pipe from Ktec, they said to reuse existing fittings including old gasket

21. Everything fits ok just this nut doesn't tighten, and there is no thread in the bracket on the decat:

a7ypa7a8.jpg

Taken from under the car

22. Ring them up and order a new nut and bolt mate. I wish I had a 'mot guy' :worried:

23. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Just use a nut and bolt

24. Just off to find one the right size :smile:

25. Just for the record, it's an M6x20mm :smiley:

26. You will be needing to get the car mapped really to take advantage of the decat.

I have had both with and without decat. Wouldnt go back to having one now !

27. already mapped and my "map man" said pop for a tweek when its done

28. Is it essential that you fit that bolt (the one on the bracket?

29. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Not really

30. I didn't think so :smile:

31. update.... decat on way and now I have seen a few fitting nightmares I am sh1tting bricks, oh well my mechanics problem

32. Im installing a DP this weekend is there any how to? suggestions?

33. Fit the de-cat & if you fall out with your mot friend have a 100 cell cat welded in further down the system like me. That way it still passes the mot.
    Lee

34. ^ How much? And does it alter the sound?

35. I have the same one that scorpion use on their focus Rs system. It cost me £200. It is fia approved & the sound is still the same.
    Lee

36. cheers lee :smiley:

37. How many hours labour is it to fit?

38. 3 ish I believe

39. Take the driveshaft out, get as much clearance as possible and try get hold of an obstruction spanner in particular...

40. And the rest! :tongueout:
    I've just got back from taking mine out for its first run with a decat, sounds more Grrrrr! Can't wait for it to coke up!

Never ever doing a job like that on the drive again though! :banghead::smiley: