decat or box chop

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by gavrook, May 18, 2015.

1. My megane 225 is mapped and has a cat back miltek but it still don't seem very loud plus want some popping and bangs going on ect.. So do I decat it at turbo or have remaining rear box cut out

2. I've got a 3" turbo back system with rear box it's much loader without the cat only pops when really hot and giving it some go decat

3. Standard exhaust with back boxes removed... pops like a goodun.

4. Mines already got a cat back miltek..

5. I've got a Miltek cat back on mine. Was also surprised how quiet it was when I picked it up but hopefully having my 3" RS Tuning decat fitted soon. Report to follow when it happens. Personally i'd go for the decat as you get the extra power and torque, with flames also.

6. When ya planning on getting yours done.. You'll have to keep me updated buddy. Yeah mine came with the miltek and a mate of mine has a stock r26 with box's removed and sounds loads better than mine. Ha. I want some pops and bangs cos at the moment sounds a bit lame

7. I'm still debating having a mid or back box chop and for someone as indecisive as I am, it's not easy lol. On the one hand, the mid box chop gets rid of the annoying turbo whistle but the back box chop sounds better and it seems quite popular on the mk2's. As for going decat, I'd love to but the fact that it won't pass an MOT and I don't know any 'friendly' MOT testers is putting me off.

8. Ovy

Ovy

Simple answer is remove cat as it has the better performance benefit (assuming you can sort come mot time).

9. Decat will make it a fair bit louder, but a map tweak after is needed really to make sure everything's ok, plus you'll get the maximum extra power and torque.

10. OK sod it I'll go decat in the next few weeks.

11. I wish I could decide that quickly lol.

12. Decat with a midbox

[​IMG]