265 Decat fitting guide

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Anyone happen to have a decat fitting guide?

Is it a real pain in the ass of a job?

2. Lookig in to this myself. I asked a guy I follow on insta and asked him who fitted his and how long it took. Apparently KTEC can do it in an hour, I imagine they do it all the time though.

Ive heard/read it's a pig to do.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

An hour?

I highly doubt it

Its a proper cunt of a job and one i don't mind paying someone to do.

4. An hour I doubt... 2 would be good, 3 realistic, 4 more than enough time.

5. I can say on experience, RSTuning had mine up in the air and had the decat fitted in an hour. Knew all the little tricks to get it out.

6. Hmmm I'm surprised they did it in an hour they quoted me 4 hours!

Remove:

Engine cover
    Turbo heat shield
    Lambda sensors or just unplug both of them.
    Undo 3 bolts at turbo (usually stupidly tight)
    Remove 8mm bolt holding car to manifold ( very hard to see so might have to feel around)
    remove drivers front wheel
    Split track rod end from hub.
    Undo the 3x13mm bolts holding wishbone to hub.
    Remove vertical drop link
    Remove engine under tray
    Remove subframe crossmember
    Undo driveshaft clamp
    Remove driveshaft
    Remove lower dog bone engine mount and all brackets attached to engine
    Undo some 8mm bolts holding cat to engine, etc
    Undo nuts holding cat to exhaust flexi part
    Undo exhaust clamp and remove front pipe

Then it should be a lot of wiggling of the cat and a mate rocking the engine to give a bit more space.

Then to refit it all.

Pretty tough task for to do in 1 hour.

7. Good luck if you're doing it on the floor...... I did mine on a ramp and it was a right pain but took about 2 hrs (I certainly wouldn't have paid someone to do it)

Steve

8. This thread is putting me right off even decatting the car lol

9. Ok yeah, I'm lying.

10. Rimstock

Rimstock Banned

Thought so. It took them just over 2 hours to do mine.

11. I'm not calling you a liar :cool: I'm just saying it's a pretty tough task, if you had it in air, 2 people on the go or where already doing other jobs such as brake change and the wheel was already off, bolts were generally kind then it could be done by people who had done it several times before.

Just saying it's a pretty tough task 1 hour for a chap who hasn't done it before, on own, potentially on the floor.

I changed the boot on my GT-R last year, it's 4 bolts effectively, if they came undone it would be at best a 10 minute job, took me near 3 hours because the bolts were seized and 1 rounded and needed carefully drilled out of a carbon lid.

You only need 1 bolt to be a bitch and time starts going up.

12. I was only joking tbf.

You're absolutely right. I'm just saying from my own experience, the guys at RSTuning completed quicker than I was expecting, however didn't come across any issues and even had the right nack of moving the cat into position to drop it down and out once it was loose.

It's not a job I'd want to complete without a ramp and another pair of hands.

13. Ktec charged me 3 hours to do mine. Make sure you get it done either way, Mark Black charges £100. You won't look back its amazing!

14. Amazing how?

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Noise and loosing the huge restriction that is in the stock exhaust.

16. Fergy! Sorry, my mistake not KTEC, RStuning.

Sounds awesome who ever fitted it. Decat will be my next purchase.

17. Do even Mot friendly centres exist

I used to take my focus rs to one then got this rs and doesn't do them now

18. My guide.

Ring mark black

Pay him a few quid

Drink his tea/coffee

Drive away nice and clean.

19. Decat Pop Pop, I only really use Megane on track so not to seem to much of a chav

[video=youtube;tJNHAurgOAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJNHAurgOAM[/video]

Doesn't pop like the GT-R though :smiley:

[video=youtube;qt2PD8s_cFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt2PD8s_cFM[/video]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Did you fit a VR38 to it for that video on the road Andy? :wink:

21. Rumbled :worried:

22. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

Ktec decatted mine the other week, my car gained 16bhp from stock exhaust to full Ktec turbo back.

I'm handy with the spanners but I preferred to pay somebody to do that job lol

23. That gtr sounds insane

24. Agreed, GTR sounds amazing.

Flames are easy with a decat.

[video=youtube;Yw7H1qFYPvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7H1qFYPvc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I see your flame and raise you these Ferg LOL!

[video=youtube;VJYC4oOb4Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJYC4oOb4Y4[/video]

26. Haha very good.

27. My car is stage 1 at the moment, would it need remapped after fitting a decat? Or should it adjust just fine itself?

28. You would need it mapped else you'll see the EML coming on for emissions.

29. I bought a lambda cheater from eBay, mines been fine (fingers crossed) until I get a decat map on there

30. I've heard Paul at RS Tuning does a map tweak for £100.

31. Christ on a bike.

Whats mods to get those sort of bangs and flames?

32. Hi I have a megane 225 I bought a decat pipe from toyo sport a few weeks back I finally got round to attempting to fitting it yesterday on my drive it took around 6 hours to fit once I cut off the pipe that bolts to the turbo it slides straight out underneath it was a fiddly job but it certainly makes a difference and the toyo sport decat pipe fits spot on