R26 Decat easy replacement solution

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Frimley111R, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Having bought my car with a decat already fitted my research indicated that fitting the std cat back on for MoT would realistically take me a few hours and be a general pain in the ****. So, I sorted this solution out after seeing a few others do something similar on here.

The main exhaust pipe has been cut and a replacement sports cat, built to the right length was inserted into the space. Using two clamps it is secured in place and the car passed its MoT. To remove I simply undo the clamps, slide out the cat and fit the straight pipe back in.

At the moment I have not put the pipe back in so it will be interesting to see how the engine feels without the sports cat.

The guys who did the work were Longlife in Basingstoke and it cost £250 plus £30 for the MoT, contact Matt.

[​IMG]IMG-20180310-WA0000

Just-that-ek likes this.
  2. Looks good - almost identical to the solution that CGR built for me

Mikey4410 and Frimley111R like this.
  3. Looks good.
    Stupid question but was that price with sports cat included.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Yes it was.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  5. If your using it as a means to pass an MOT why did you choose a sports can and not just a cheap universal cat

6. What he said!
    Though tbf for 250 fitted that’s pretty much a bargain!

7. I have a sport cat welded in pretty much the same place.

8. Magnaflow cat cost me about 80 quid and 30 quid to a welder mate to put it in.

9. TBH I was going to go down that route but by the time I had factored in the uncertainty of what cat would work, how much time I would lose if it didn't etc. it worked out easier to simply pay a bit more and potentially save myself a whole heap of time messing around. For example one person on here has said their cheap cat worked for the first MoT and not for the second. The time taken to get it to the MoT, fail, get it back, find another cat, fit it, test it again etc..