Decat and uk mot

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Watched a YouTuber fit a decat on a 250.

I had always assumed that cats were under car and thus easy to bolt on and off. Although I also remember that they need to be close to engine to get up to temp.

This appeared a pig to do and involved the poor cat being butchered.

I remember reading all the friendly mot tester in comments in the past. But had also assumed if was easy to swap in and out.

I thought there was big crackdown on mot and emmisionx stuff like cat and dpf removal?

2. You have already answered your own question? Friendly MOT stations....

And the cat is a crap job, which is why some people with aftermarket exhaust systems move the cat

3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

you can remove the cat and fit a decat but wont pass emissions.

you could fit a decat and get a sports cat welded in abit further down the system with a v band or gasket that you could swap around near mot time

4. I was quoted £200 to supply and fit a 200cell cat under the car, a much easier location

5. £200? For the cat, and removing the old and fitting? Would stay well away, must have been been a crap cat for that money

Si271 likes this.
  6. Nope. Done by powerflow. Ive already got decat so it would be adding it under the car rather than where it usually is

7. Technically it still should fail as the cat should be in OEM location