DCI 175 SMF???

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by cliojonno, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Hi,

My car is booked in on friday to have a new clutch and Gearbox rebuild. While they are in there, does anyone know of a single mass flywheel, that is available for this car?

I think its the PK4 - 013 Geabox on the M9R engine.

Thanks,
    Jonno

2. I have seen valeo advertise such a flywheel

Sent from my VIVO using Tapatalk

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I was advised against it, mainly due to the unknowns on the diesel because of the extra torque it has. I've never come across a dci with an smf so far.

4. It's basically a clutch/smf used in the Renault traffic/vauxhall vivaro vans. It will work just fine. You will loose refinement though.

5. You need to keep in mind that the SMF is 240mm and our DMF is 250mm. Which means you will get a flywheel which can withstand more abuse but you will have a clutch able to hold less. Unless you go to a more aggresive friction material on the clutch.

You can definitely mount the SMF from the Traffic as long as you get the whole lot (SMF, clutch, pressure plate, maybe cylinder - still have questions about the cylinder). The fitment is not an issue.
    Then you need to map out some error codes for misfire or even better implement the misfire maps from Traffic. - mainly for emissions, so you can live without them.

But the actual question is why would you do this?
    S.