Davy’s Megane 265

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Davyy, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Quick introduction..

So I had a flame red Clio 172 for 5 years which I absolutely loved, but a year ago I ended up selling it to a guy who came from Dunkirk. I had to sell as my commute went up to 50miles each way, so ended up in a boring BMW 320D. However, my commute is now only 10miles each way, which meant I could get this..

Just picked this up today, 220 miles each way to Great Yarmouth. What a car. It’s in extremely good condition, and the interior is immaculate, I love the seats. For a french car, it’s a really nice place to be. The grip made me feel a bit sick on the way home!

The only negative so far is the sound system, there is literally zero bass.. so i’ll look into changing that somehow. Any recommendations?

So..

Renault Megane 265
    Arctic pearl white
    Cup pack (LSD)
    Lux pack
    Leather recaros
    Sat nav
    18’ Tibors with Michelin PS4 tyres
    Also thrown in a set of 18’ TD 1.2
    H&R Springs
    ITG Intake and air filter
    CGR decat
    Silencer delete
    PFC front brake pads
    EBC Yellow stuff rear pads
    Pro alloy intercooler
    Cambelt etc March 2019
    RSTuning map to 310bhp, 340ftlb

It pops and bangs extremely loud whenever you come off the accelerator, so i’m going to get rid of the decat/get it mapped out hopefully.

It’s pitch black, so here are some previous owner pictures other than my one at the petrol station.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Welcome along, seen your thread on cs, but havent got the privilege to reply, a few on here have fitted a pioneer headunit amp, and under seat sub. Renault used to sell a focal upgrade which included speakers and a under seat sub.

Davyy likes this.
  3. Thanks. Will have a look. I think ive seen the pioneer amp.. do you know if that alone makes much difference?

4. Yet to get one, need to finish upgrading me speakers first.

Davyy likes this.
  5. Just gave it a blast off with the jet wash to get the crap off from the drive home last night.. it’s still very very dirty.

Love the big red calipers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’ll probably spray the intercooler black, not a fan of ‘Pro’ being so visible.

[​IMG]

Surprisingly very comfy seats.

[​IMG]

Love the dials. They are angled back slightly which I like.

[​IMG]

This is all soft touch..

[​IMG]

It’s such a wide car. Love the lines of the arches and the bonnet lines.