DavidM's 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by DavidM, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Hi All,

Thought i'd start up a project thread with my Yellow 250 from Newcastle upon Tyne. Haven't actually started modding yet but I will be over the remainder of 2016. First little step was a thorough detail outside & in and fitting some genuine Megane mats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that's pretty much where I'm at currently (only had the car 2 months). It is booked in for a filter & map at RSTuning on the 11th so I will get a graph and upload the figures here afterwards!

Cheers
    David

2. The best mod is a free one, removal of the MEGANE badge from the boot.

3. +1, and good looking car you have there, good luck!

4. I see you have the same issue with the front splitter, get some back to black or tyre cleaner stuff. works great and makes the front look tidier. It doesn't last forever but it does work.

5. Cheers guys, I need to get a new bottle of tyre shine stuff, realised i'd ran out when I was mid way through detailing. But I do need to get that on the tyres & the splitter!

6. UPDATE:

Had my Megane into RSTuning yesterday for its first mod, a stage 1 remap. Very happy with the results & it drives amazing :smiley:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up:

Removal of rear 'Megane' lettering
    Diamond Performance Black diamond badges

7. Looking good mate ! Do love these 250s !

8. Got around to removing the MEGANE lettering from the rear. Looks a lot cleaner

[​IMG]

Black diamond badges later this week & De-wipered rear window.

9. Looks much better without the badge, the black badges will finish it off nicely.

10. Thanks man, will update again once they're on

Nigelo likes this.
  11. Looks great mate, how did you go about removing the lettering?

12. Used a store card & a cloth :sweatsmile: wiped the sticky off with fairy liquid and then cut the paint back to get rid of the outlines.

13. Got my black diamond badges fitted & De-wipered the rear window yesterday. Its the small things!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next i'm after some Cooksport springs & some 15mm hub centric spacers (If anyone has a link please post it as I can't find any atm & don't want to go to 20mm)

Cheers

14. Just be aware that a lot of 15mm spacers will not sit properly on the front hubs due to the hubcentric locators on the hubs being quite long. I'm sure some 15mm spacers have enough depth to work though.

15. Ah really, cheers dude I might have to go 20mm like yours then!

Nigelo likes this.