Dave's super clean trackday machine

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by dtaylor, Jan 26, 2014.

1. I'll pm you later mate but tbh as I've got all the oe parts still I'd probably get more money for it with all std bits and selling the mods separate. Will let you know though mate.

Dave

2. Hybrid :wink:

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Shame to see your going to be selling up Dave, This is one of the most looked after Meganes that see's TD's going.

What you going for next?

4. Thanks Jamie.

I've a few idea of what to go for next. Hopefully 6 cylinders and rear driven but we'll see when I'm in the position to buy if I've changed my mind!

Dave

5. Hi Mate - I'm thinking of getting the Sabelt GT-140 seats for my megane, and seen on your thread that you have them fitted - which size did you end up going for?

6. I'll text and ask him

7. Mine are what sabelt call a large mate. Suitable for me at a 32 waist and up to prob 38. XL is massive and the did sell the medium in the UK as it's so small there's no call for them.

Mine will be for sale at the start of April.

Dave

8. Shame to see your selling up, really cracking car.

If your splitting the mod's please give me a shout for the steering wheel and boss kit :cool:

9. Thanks Mark. Will do pal.

10. Give me a shout when you're in a position to think about a price mate.....potentially interested

11. ok mate will do.

12. as a few of you may have seen the car has now sold to a new forum member who im sure will enjoy the car as much as i have. hopefully its replacement will be arriving by the end of the week. i'll still be kicking abut the site to keep an eye on how the car does with its new owner and im sure to see a lot of you on track.

13. Mine mine mine mine!!!!!! I plan to keep the car looking nice, a roof scoop and 24" alloys should make a good start. It should add a good 30 MPH to the top speed (joking of course, I'm only expecting an extra 20 MPH).

Quite an eventful purchase as it goes. I'm just glad that the little old lady that crashed 5 seconds after me signing the V5C hit the blue fiesta rather than the Megane I'd literally just bought (the cars were less than 10 meters apart).

My plans, keep it as it is, just keep it looking nice and maintain the mechanicals.

14. Got yourself a great car there Pete. Tbf even if she had hit the meg, it wouldn't have been noticeable with the 35 ceramic coats and 62 layers of wax!

15. I think she did hit the Meg but just slid off the 35 ceramic coats and 62 layers of wax. The body work really is as good as new.

16. Hahaha