Daves R26 replacement

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by dtaylor, May 3, 2015.

1. as a lot of you will already know a few weeks ago i sold the Megane to another forum member Pete who im sure will enjoy the car on many future track outings and look after her. here what ive replaced the car with!

DSC_4170.jpg

BMW M135i in alpine white

the M135i's mix of usability, practicality and rear drive performance had me monitoring the used market for a few years now even since reading the review in EVO magazine and youtube videos by Chris Harris. its only recently since BMW launched the M235i that values have begun to reach the level that was affordable to me.

the car was very well spec'd when ordered new. heres a quick run down of the car and options:

alpine white 5 door sheel
    heated red leather interior
    harmon kardon sound system
    professional navigation
    advanced bluetooth
    Msport adaptive dampers
    ZF 8 speed gearbox
    extended storage
    adaptive lights with auto high beam assist

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]the list goes on. the main items i wanted were the 5 door shell, gearbox and dampers but things like the nav are a great bonus. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ive been enjoying driving the car on the road a lot more than i did the megane in its less comfortable days of BC's and fixed buckets. the main attraction was the engine being smooth, revvy whist sounding very expensive had with an exciting top end

im sure i'll catch up with most of you on track in a few months to fully enjoy the car

Dave
    [/FONT]

2. Lovely, my mate has one in the blue - the gearbox is quality just seemless

we fitted the m backbox the other day, sounds really really nice now!

3. Great car im looking at one of these next

4. Beautiful. Think one of these will be my next purchase.

5. As said on DW nice buy Dave. Hope you have endless hours of rear end fun!