Dan's UB 225

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Danp, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    So I have had my megane for around 2 years now and haven’t done a blog so here it goes…
    A bit of history first. My first car was a 1.25 zetec fiesta. Brilliant little car bought it for £2.5k with 13k miles and 1 owner.
    My next car was a fiesta 1.6 zetec s and I absolutely loved it. I loved it so much I forgot to put oil in it and it blew up 2 years later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I originally started looking at the fiesta ST’s as a natural upgrade but a friend who was a car salesman took me for a drive in the megane. When I first seen it I wasn’t keen because it was a 5 door but after the drive I was in love with the speed, turbo noise and the fact that it was on 45k miles, FSH, belts done and all for £5k. So the next day I bought it.
    The day I collected it
    [​IMG]

I was very happy and I’m kind of glad I got 5 doors because it so much easier not getting out for people to get in the back.
    So the first mod was new wheel bolts as mine were a bit on the rusty side. Then silver indicator bulbs which took me about 2 hours to fit the first time. I then had the mod itch and got a HID kit, led’s everywhere possible, de-wipered, de-badged, wind deflectors, Ktec induction kit, forge dump valve, blanking plate, double din stereo, under seat sub, upgraded front speakers cooksport springs, forge boost brackets.
    The best mod is definatley the combination of the ktec induction kit and the blanking plate. Turbo spool sounds amazing. I had to take me dump valve off to make it even louder and it always puts a smile on my face. Also the cooksports make it sit so much better.
    I was never happy with the wheels being silver so I experimented with some plasti-dip and this was the results
    [​IMG]

Then I got new tyres put on and the garage fcuked them up so I set about getting new wheels. I ended up with these
    D0347F4F-E837-492C-9FFC-D3B05A7A1111.jpg

On the car
    [​IMG]

I was very happy with them and managed to sell my old wheels to recoup some of the cost.

So that’s about it so far but I have some plans for the next few months which should be exciting.
    Intercooler – maybe mishimoto but still undecided
    Remap – Hopefully with SJM when the group buy gets up and running as RStuning is miles away
    Refurb calipers – this will be done end of this month hopefully
    R26r spoiler

Thanks for reading. Comments welcome good and bad.

2. Had some deliveries over the last few days
    Hard pipe kit from nickson (cheers mate)
    [​IMG]
    new rs badge
    [​IMG]

And a new abs sensor as it has been playing up recently. Although I wasn't expecting a cable so hopefully I have brought the right thing.
    [​IMG]

think im going to wait until I get a new intercooler before I fit the hard pipe kit so I don't have to take the bumper off twice.

3. What's for dinner honey? A Forge hard pipe kit!

Nice car and tasteful mods!

4. Nice looking car dan always wanted a fiesta zetec s myself but never happend the car looks miles better with the anthracite wheels on im npt a fan of black on blue how much was the bew rs badge ?

5. Cheers guys. I loved the fiesta apart from the 2 dust bins on the back that gave me a headache every time I drove it.

I agree with the wheels and should look even better with red brembos.

The badge was £22 delivered through ads.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. Sweet might have to change mine as well then my mate has a slightly different blue colour meg and has painted the brembos I'll get a pic tomorrow if I remember so you can see

7. Not done much recently but I did clean it today
    [​IMG]

8. I personally like the black wheel look better. I've currently got the same colour wheels etc as your's but they need a refurb and will be getting them done in black.

9. I think the black wheels looked ok but you need to do all the other silver trim black to make it work.