R26 CV Boot clip

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mikeh, May 22, 2014.

1. I appear to have lost mine.

As space is tight, it doesn't look like just anything will fit.

A quick google showed someone bought clips and a crimp tool cheap from eBay, but the listings have long since disappeared.

Does anyone know the specifics of what I need?

2. Spot on mate, thanks. Did you find it hard to do?

3. I had the driveshaft out anyway as I was doing other work. I'm sure I've read on here there is just enough space to do it in place. The tool and clips work easily.

4. take the wheel off and possible caliper off to do it it will give you loads of room

5. If you remove the caliper, just lever the pads away from the disc with a screw driver just enough to let the caliper come off easily and take it off in one piece to save disturbing the brake pins.

Also that tool crushes the clips alright but you want to bash the tab that it crushes nice and flat with a hammer. That's what I did.

6. Holy thread revival. Just ordered these bits for myself. Thanks to the op.

7. I lost one on mine for the 3rd time on track day,

Put a decent quality cable tie-on super tight which has lasted a ring trip, 2 trackdays and 7k miles.

Is it a bodge if it works!? ;-P

8. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

When it comes to those clips, use the OE Oetiker items not the cheap Chinese stuff as they don't grip.