Custom side exit exhaust....

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by zorganator, Dec 19, 2014.

1. I just wanted to gauge how many of us Megane owners have side exit exhausts? I have one on my 5 door 225 lux from cat back (resonator removed) and it looks and sounds mint. Piping even fits well in the recess of the std exhaust. Previously I had the full exhaust delete and tbh it started to get on my nerves and sound like it just had a massive hole in it.

2. Only 2 that I know of. Iirc josh Cook had one and the person that crashed his r had one on his r26

3. So 3 including me, that's crazy! Quite unique then I like it :smile:

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any photos of it?

Im always sceptical when someone does a side exit but if done well it can look good

5. Someone on here not that long ago fabricated up a side exit I'm sure or was in the prosses of doing it, I remember comments on what side to exit the exhaust because of noise levels on track and were the decibel microphone would be, something like that anyway lol

lets see some pics and what would you fill the holes in the back bumper with?

6. That's another guy called josh, the one who crashed his R

7. Here are some pics, not great as from phone. Side exit out of passenger side as that was best place for pipe. Not to everyone's taste I know. Not been on track yet with side exit. I do have a silencer in there to bring volume down because of some track noise level restrictions. Let me know what u all think.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  8. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Surely it would depend on the circuit as to which side the exhaust would need to be so that it was the opposite side of the microphone.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Majority of UK tracks run clockwise, Couldn't tell you where most of them have their sound meter though all i know is Knockhill have no noise limits, Well within reason anyway

10. josh certainly has them on his black R26 as steve mentioned looks pretty good and allows space at the rear of the car for a proper defuser etc

11. Josh's black r26 looks epic with the side mount and rear diffuser.

12. Rear diffuser is coming next, have a few ideas for a custom one. Trying to be a little different from the norm :wink: