250 Currently getting the chop

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nick197, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Getting the center silencer chopped out of my exhaust now :smile:, can't wait for the drive home. Bit of a random post I know but it's boring in this waiting room lol. Will report back with video when it's nicely carboned up :smile:

2. Nick who is doing it for you ???

3. Top gear in Basingstoke mate, I was only in there 45 mins and it cost £70, Good service as well. The noise it makes now is superb, Nice and quiet when cruising although i've not been on a motorway drive yet. Flooring it in extreme mode upto about 3000rpm is followed by a loud bang and it now has a much more purposeful burble but not rediculously loud.

100% happy with the mod so far :smile:

4. Very nice let me know how you get on with it thanks Kevin

5. After that description we definitely need a video!

6. +1, vid please!

7. Nice get a vid up.

my 265 bangs sometimes really loud in sport mode, would love to hear it with a box out!

8. Haha, It made me giggle like a little girl lol. I'll try and get a vid up this weekend :smile:

9. I love mine too, still quiet in the cabin, just sounds alittle louder but what my mate as said sounds awesome on the outside. Its how it should of sounded from factory.

10. Sorry still no video but just to add, I drove it for the first time the other day with the rear seats up and boot floor in position. It sounds no different cruising in the cabin with no deep booming from the exhaust, Random pops can be heard from the exhaust now and again but it's just as civilised as standard. Sounds the nuts flooring it though, Even with the rear seats up.
    The best £70 i've spent in a long long time, Still no regrets :smile:
    I'll get a video sorted soon :wink:

11. Another plug for Top Gear basingstoke!! I was up there this Saturday morning getting my R26 backbox chopped out. It's brilliant now! :smile: Very pleased, as above best £70 spent so far!! :smiley:

12. Stop teasing us and get some videos posted!!! I would be very interested in making my R26 sound more aggressive without spending £500!

13. Haha, oh if you insist...!

I put my phone down about 1m from the rear of the car, so the sound quality isn't great, but It burbles and crackles like a beaut! :smiley:

[​IMG]

14. haha, nice one! I bet its stopped all the condensation in the exhaust too?
    The back box seems to collect a lot of water, did much come out when you took it off?

15. Yeah, I asked to keep the box in case I wish to revert back to standard, and when moving it into my shed i noticed it was sloshing about a fair bit!

16. I Will have my r26 mid box chopped Tomorrow. I can't wait to hear the result. I hope it will be nice...
    Does it make à difference if the car is mapped or not?

17. Can anyone tell me the difference between a mid box and back box chop in terms of sound and why one over the other?

18. on the r26 you lose the 'whistle' from a midbox chop. backbox chop gives more noise and pops - i did it on mine and loved it