175 DCI Cup chassis

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by tof73, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hi,

I am due a refresh of the 4 dampers and need your help.

I ma currently on cup spring and H&R springs all rounds but my dampers are shot (150000miles)
    i know it is far too long but finances did not allow last year mainly because of gearbox failing

I am looking at buying some cup dampers for the 175 DCI but all i find shows no difference between R26 and RS 175, am i correct in thinking that the 175 had different cup chassis damper in the front compared to the petrol version cup chassis,

2. The 175 had different dampers - but aftermarket ones never break it down like that.

Renault still sell them.

3. the trouble is that the nearest Renault dealer in Worcester has closed down so i have to go about 50 miles away to get to a dealer now,
    would you have part numbers by any chance?

4. I dont have the part number to hand, but you can get it from Renault Parts Direct and it'll probably be cheaper too.

5. will try, but it would be nice to have part number so they know exactly what i require if you know what i mean,
    i will see if i can make sens of catcar.info

does anyone happen to know What colour paint is on the cup damper for the RS175?

6. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

DCi 175 Cup shock Genuine Renault part number 8200757549
    DCi 175 non cup shock Genuine Renault part number 8200647928

Megane 225 Cup, Megane R26 range. Genuine Renault Part Number 8200647895

Ive got the latter the R26 Cup shock combined with Cooksports. Just the way I wanted to go as the DCi shocks and cooksports seem to be a little too stiff. just my opinion. Ran this for 4 years just replaced with all new August last year