CS Recaro Fitting

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by berg, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Im looking to fit some recaros removed from another megane

I know most people leave the yellow plug disconnected and just use resistors for the airbag light

Is there no way of wiring the recaros plug into the car so airbags function and no dash lights?

I currently have standard cloth seats with airbags, not heated or electric

2. Reno seem to use a different connector on every car they make, in theory your new seat and existing connector have same wires so would then need to replace one connector to match the other, be bit faff removing pins and installing into new connector, then just forget about heated and electric wiring

3. It's very easy you only need to put a resistor in the submarine airbag wires, just remove the pins from the seat plugs and put them into the correct holes on the loom plug.

There is so many posts about people having problems, I'm an auto electrician but I just cant see why people struggle.

If anyone needs help PM me and I'll send you a wiring diagram

4. Hi,

I am fitting resistors into my bucket seat from a non recaro car, can anyone tell me which wires to put them in!! ive tried number 4,5 and 6,7 but no joy.

5. Might be able help if had foto of two connectors

6. Hi,
    Sorry for late reply, here's some pics of my connector, you can see where I've tried pitting the resistors but no joy.

Attached Files:

7. should be able cross ref from this seat connector to yours chassis connector

Attached Files:

8. Ok, I'm busy trying to work it out, so should just be the 2 wires (yellow and blue) in your pic, for the airbag.

9. Yes correct whatever colour they represent on your black connector, you’ll also need resistor across the two black wires for airbag seat switch or simply keep the existing mico switch in circuit as it has the correct resistor inside it

10. Still having no luck with this after putting resistors in this wires, why is it so difficult haha

11. not sure, possibly more foto's of what you've done could help

12. I've took them out, I'm still unsure if which wires to connect them too if I'm honest!

Appreciate your patience and help!

13. Just came across this thread. What generation Megane recaros is being discussed to swap into what generation Megane? If it was a MK3 Recaro to MK3 with non Recaro will it not just be plug and play?