Cruise Control Issue

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Graemeshaw, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Hi all
    Ive just acquired a 5 door 225. Nice car but a few little issues I need to sort.

First is the cruise isnt working correctly

I can set it but cant increase/decrease the speed by pressing any button on steering wheel, in fact all 4 buttons seem to increase the speed!
    I can knock it off by pressing the brake, but none of the steering wheel buttons deactivate it

Is this a common issue? Im thinking steering wheel off, buttons removed and cleaned if possible?

Ta for any advise

G

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. I had the same issue . . . managed to find replacement buttons on Ebay . . .

3. Had the same with mine think mine has something to do with a wire that was out of a plug the car also wouldn't start with the clutch pedal, don't know if they are miby linked in some way

4. Clutch pedal switch wires common for snapping. So wont start off clutch :worried:

5. Yeah, Ive seen a few issue wit pedal switches but mine seem ok, car starts with either clutch or brake pedal pressed so dont think its that
    Im still thinking it must be something to do with the steering wheel

G

6. It'll be the switches on the steering wheel (fixed my cruise control anyway) . . .

7. Also thought it may be the clock spring
    Any one had to change that before?

8. My cruise control/speed limiter stopped working around the same time as the airbag light showed up on my dash. I bought a new clock spring binnacle from Ads (when he was at Renault Wolverhampton) for silly cheap. When my 225 was up at Mark Blacks the other week he fitted it, as you also need clip to ‘set’ the central position for the steering wheel.

9. Do the switches just "pop" off ?

G