225 Crankshaft pulley

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Filo, Jan 19, 2023.

1. My good old 225 is out of breath. For the first time since 2005, he betrayed me. Crankshaft pulley broke . Oem Renault part ... Parts of the pulley fell under the toothed belt and caused a minor accident.

After the inspection, it was determined that he was out of phase, Amazing 3 teeth skipped and did not distort the valves. How is that even possible?

I'm going to try to check the engine with a borescope. I'm worried that there was contact between the valve and the piston during the accident. The sound of the engine was terrible after the accident. The sound of tapping came from the wheel area more than on the bonnet.

They called to tell me that the car was repaired and that they had never seen it before. :fearscream::confused:

2. If the valves aren't bent then the pistons will be fine.

My 225 had sort of the same, a piece of fibre on the left hand side looking at the engine, caught the alternator belt, stripping off a strand and that got caught in the cambelt, this caused all 16 Supertec valves to bend, on stripping there were no real marks on the pistons.

If the engine is now running it will be fine.

Filo likes this.
  3. Hasnt you car got over 300k km on it? If it has then thats still good going but im gonna get the pulley on my 2010 changed at some point this year to avoid this

4. My car is not normal. He exceeded all expectations. I just can't believe he's gone that far.

After last servicing tested on the highway, it managed to reach 245 km/h. -6 GPS From the first day he was driven without reserve.

5. Thats good :smile: mines only on a bit less than half of your mileage but im hoping that it does go atleast as long as yours, great cars

Attached Files: