Cracking/creaking noise when pulling away

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by ross_225, Apr 23, 2021.

1. As title says I have a creaking / cracking noise when either pulling away with steering lock on full either to the left or right and also does it in reverse only does it once aswell you can feel it through the steering wheel when it does it a few years ago I had a fiesta with same noise turned out to be steering rack came loose slightly anyone else seen I had anything like this before ?

2. hows the steering?..comon fails on these are the rack bush in the steering rack,and the inner arms.
    steering not self centering,or gets stuck or grabs?..thats hub bearings..

3. Steering feels good tbh Both hub bearings have been changed less than 100 miles ago It doesn’t make the noise when your stationary and turn it from lock to lock only when moving is there any way to determine that it could possibly be the rack bush ?

4. I think you answered your own question in the first post.

Mine was exactly the same, tightened the rack to the subframe and was fine.

5. How eat was it to get to ? Haven’t had a proper look yet as waiting to get some ramp time to get it in the air

6. Bit of a ball ache but nothing too difficult. Get it as high as you can on axle stands and have a feel, you should be able to get to the bolts, I think there's two.

7. Perfect il give it a go when I get five mins or hours