Covid. It caught me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr Spoon, Jul 31, 2021.

1. NJH

NJH

We caught it in the first wave in mid March 2020, actually the week before lock down. Wife works in the hospital and brought it home. We had pretty mild symptoms actually but it wrecked my lungs. I had really bad asthma for a year and barely got any better with a pretty solid exercise regime through the winter (20+ miles walking per week, only way to keep sane through the lock downs). That all cleared up dramatically earlier this year. Double jabbed with AZ, big chills and muscle pain the first jab, shot for a week, 2nd jab a fever for 12 hours then nothing. Did a pub crawl the next day! (when the weather was much more like summer). It's been a very strange year this year, lots of people I know have been sick with COVID over the past couple of months, all double jabbed. Honestly everything felt much safer and freer about 3 months back when there was practically no COVID about down here and the weather was good enough to enjoy eating and drinking outside. Just feels like the start of another long depressing slog through winter at the moment.

2. I've got my second jab this Thursday. Hoping it's going to not be too rough.

3. I assume you and the missus is now clear of it?

4. Yes everyone is all clear here thank you.

FatRS likes this.