Covid. It caught me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr Spoon, Jul 31, 2021.

1. As the title says, I've had it for a week and it's poop..

Anyone else join this not so fun club

2. Have you had your jabs?.

3. Yes, interesting how that's your first question mind.

4. Yep. 7 Days in. Double Jabbed.

Daughter Had it first then me.

Symptoms more cold like for both of us. None of the top 3 listed Symptoms.

Its the compounding effect of the isolations on the Family. 10 Days can turn into 20 if you don't catch till the end of first isolation.

5. i know many very intelligent people who believe the jab is next to useless.As with anything,you will always get the conspiracy theorys.But when you look at the evidence they present..its very unnerving and frightening.I was at Alton Towers this weekend,and i can tell you ALL covid restrictions were utterly gone,which shocked me.Thousands of people queing for hours all rammed together..If this is the norm,then we will see what the knock on effects will be soon.

tof73 likes this.
  6. It puts you off wanting to go anywhere. Well it does me.

Not sure how my lungs will be following but so far.... It's not great.

7. Yes that's what happened to a chap at work.

Imagine I didn't have the vaccine... Would I be much worse.

8. I had my second jab saturday just gone, first in may, and covid last november. Started of chest pains for half hour, whilst driving home one night, woke up in the night aching, avhed for three days, checked temp, but was ok. Went to work, was feeling hot n sweaty, did another temp check that was within limits, told me gaffer, he said go home, but ask 1111 if i prefered, did that and they told me to isolate and do a test. Came back positive. Lost me taste for 5 days, block sinus but no colds or coughs, abit of a migrane now n again, and light pin prick chest pains no n again. So had it very lightly. But since i got over it, had the slight chest paints/migranes come and go (weeks/months between) labourer breathing when exerting myself (at random times). Fingers crossed its getting longer n longer between episodes.

9. My thought process is... if you have had the Jabs, then you should have enough immunity to help you through it. I am lucky, in that I live alone, no houses/people anywhere near me, nearest family 550miles away, only meeting people when I do track days, lonely life, but probably safer!. Stay safe, stay well.

manugtt likes this.
  10. I should have said, this seems to be the first question out of everyones mouths.

11. Hope this is a mild and swift recovery for you.

I work in pharmaceuticals and have a fairly decent understanding of immunisation jabs. Its crazy how different people react to these but also its the same how people react if they get the virus. Some people have zero symptoms, mild symptoms, severe symptoms and some like above have symptoms which last a long time. Its luck of the draw im afraid.

However for those that have there theorys that the vaccines are not working need to look at the stats careful. Since the start of the vaccine program the numbers in deaths have dropped. Cases are not as important but if you look back at the cases per death ratios compared to now they are so much lower proving the vaccines are working.

Im double jabbed with the Pfizer vaccine, first one i had zero symptoms apart from a sore arm for a day. 2nd Jab was totally different and felt totally rubbish for a good 48 hours.

Anyway Mr Spoon lets hope it flies by and adds to your protection

Mr Spoon likes this.
  12. So Mrs Spoon now needs to go get tested after a positive home test. Funny how that works out...

13. Far to much spooning I would imagine :wink:, serious note I hope you will both be ok.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  14. I hope you all get better without issues.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  15. All the best Spoon, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery

Mr Spoon likes this.
  16. Young Mr Spoon, how are you and your family feeling now?.

17. Thank you for asking.
    I've got a persistent cough. But feel much much better.

Mrs spoon, well not very well at all. Struggling with the temperature.

Junior spoon, being less than 3 months old, seems to be coping really well. As if nothing is wrong thankfully.

D7DPJ likes this.
  18. This is somewhat good news with the little one, we have a 1 year old so understand the stress of them getting anything let alone Covid.

I believe the cough can last a little while but constantly improving, fingers cross Mrs Spoon starts feeling much better soon.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  19. Thank you. Junior Spoon has been breast feeding from Mrs Spoon (although i have boobs, they are non milk producing ones) so I'm amazed if he hasn't caught covid but has shown no signs whatsoever.

appreciate the post!

D7DPJ likes this.
  20. We just came out of a stint of Covid/Isolation.

Light symptoms. Wife slightly worse Than me & my daughter.

But just been for a 2hr walk we do regularly. All struggled. Not sure if Covid directly or zero exercise for 2-3 weeks from Isolation.

21. It's certainly has affects on people in surgery ways.
    Hope the return to fitness improves

22. sorry to hear about covid Mr Spoon, hope the recovery is fats and back to normal soon for all spoons. best wishes

Mr Spoon likes this.
  23. After having my daughter in hospital overnight yesterday with similar symptoms to Covid, although not Covid, it does bring things closer to home about how it affects people and the emotions behind it.
    I hope you guys get better soon.
    F8C49D43-1058-4200-954B-7B3AD6F2068F.jpeg

24. Looks like a bad day for you and your daughter. Hope she gets better

FatRS likes this.
  25. Oh poor thing, I hope she gets better soon. These things always puts things into perspective, nothing else matters but family and health

FatRS likes this.
  26. She’s home and on the mend so no issues to worry about.
    More importantly, I hope the Spoons make a similar recovery ASAP.

NotaDiesel!!!, Mr Spoon and tof73 like this.
  27. Its caught me aswell. Been rough since sunday and still rough. Got no taste or sense of smell and had a migraine for 2 days. Its definitely worse than the flu [emoji30] PCR came back positive this morning. Just seems like the end is so far away. I feel so angry aswell. I admit I've had some strong views on the whole pandemic and perhaps its needed me to catch it to realise its real

Just so frustrating. Just feel like it's going to be a slow recovery. 1st time I've been ill for 4-5 years aswell.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

28. wow its certainly getting about. Wish you a speedy recovery

29. Thanks bud and you. How you feeling now? Its certainly woke me up that's for sure. It's much worse than having the flu

30. I'm on the mend. Mrs spoon bit more to go by the looks of it

31. Thankfully, you both seem to be over the worst of it, full recovery may take some time.All the very best to you and family.

NotaDiesel!!!, Kyle_R26 and Mr Spoon like this.
  32. Mr Spoon likes this.
  33. yes im free.... ish... still got a cough though :smile:

Mrs Spoon, the same

FatRS likes this.
  34. Can you and mrs spoon taste or smell yet?

35. Yes both ok with that too.

Kyle_R26 likes this.
  36. I hope you get back at some point. A mate that lives in Dubai got it and it took him six months to fully recover. Except that he remains without taste and smell. He’s a non-drinking marathon runner so fitter and healthier than the average Joe.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  37. Well, here is another more with the virus! I´m at home two weeks ago, no hard symptoms, like a soft flu. Tomorrow finish my quarantine and only hope it don´t affect to my lungs. I run 12 or 15kms. across mountains almost daily and that give me live, so finger crossed.
    I live with my wife (both vaccinated), no kids, just two cats, but she is perfectly! Never understand what happening here to be honest. I´m not a fan of the conspiracy theory, but have to say I don´t trust in nothing just now, a lot less in news(we don´t have TV or radio and never read newspapers).
    Anyway, I hope all you affected, in a way or another, be all right and full of health as soon as possible. We have a lot of fuel to enjoy yet!:wink:

38. its all to do with how your immune system copes with the virus...some have it and show no symptoms,others as we know have a far worse reaction.I work in the construction industry,with all manner of people coming into contact with each other.Dont know anyone in all this time thats been effected badly..But have certainly seen many more people told to self isolate recently when pinged by the NHS app..

manugtt likes this.
  39. i live in a seaside,tourist area. Staffing levels are at a all time low due to staff being told to self isolate.
    You can get a job down here in a heartbeat if you need one..seasonal staff,and even more so..Delivery drivers..

40. This should all change now that if your double jabbed you don't have to isolate. Been tough at work with driver struggles.