250 Could ABS sensing cables be affected by teh fitting of a new windscreen?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by wackers90, Apr 11, 2019.

1. As luck would have it my windscreen got a crack in it a few days before a sizeable trip away. So I coughed up the 228 quid and got a new one complete with rain sensor fitted yesterday. On the first drive away upon pulling into my flat's parking area and going up the little bump I am using full lock and I hear a kind of straining noise from around the dash area. I have heard this a few more times when applying full lock. On my next journey I spot that my Check ABS Check ESP Check Brakes warning has come on. This continues to flash on and off intermittently as I am driving around.

For anyone who knows the electrical layout of the car, is there a possibility that the new fitted windscreen could affect the ABS sensors / cables, if the cables were not installed correctly? Somehow exaggerated by applying steering full lock?

I only have a few hours before going on a 400mile round trip so I need to get to the windscreen place pronto, if anyone can provide an answer quickly I'd be grateful!

2. Steering sensor can be affected by full lock to lock if they are not inserted correctly in the little metal clip by the wheel bearing. If i were you i would remove the wheel, remove esp sensor and clean the wheel bearing magnet and sensor face to make sure their is no dirt as this can affect the signal the sensor gets, then refit correctly.

In regards to windscreen fitment that cannot affect esp sensor whatsoever, i cannot see how anyway

3. coincidence, its likely the ABS cable in wheel arch is ruptured and nothing to do with screen replacement, If is that wouldn't worry, still derivable just no ABS on defective corner.