R26 Coolant level

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pagey3103, Apr 4, 2015.

1. I've noticed my coolant seems to be going down quite quickly and needs topping up weekly. I haven't seen anything leaking after parking up but I suspect there must be something somewhere.

Is there a common hose or likley culprit anyone knows to check .

thanks Simon

2. Radiators are a usual culprit mate

3. Is that the hose connection or a hole in the rad itself

4. Where the plastic endcaps meet the metal core buddy. Its hard to spot unless its cold.

5. right I'll whip the bumper off and have a nosy, hopefully it's an easy fix Altho it usually never is for these things :worried:

6. Same happened to mine, leaked near the top where Andy is describing.

7. was it just a case of tightening a clamp or replacing the end caps or something.

8. The ends go on the rad , you can normally smell coolant when hot

9. No if the radiator goes it's a replacement, as they leak from the joint between the plastic end tanks and the metal core

10. If your after an all alloy one pm me, I may be source to another (sold 3 to forum members all ready)

11. Ive ad a look and didn't see anything obvious. I'll keep an eye on it and if it keeps happening I may just have to take you up on a new Jones .

12. See if you can get hold of a pressure tester and pressurise the system and then any leaks if external will be easily apparent.

If it's the rad you may notice some staining where it's been leaking

13. Nay probs pagey, IME I find them easier to spot when warm, normally get a smell of coolant and a fine mist around the radiator

14. Mine just had a leak from some stupid light bulb shaped rubber bung thing on the thermostat housing.
    Couldn't see the leak as it was a small crack in the rubber where it joins the metal.
    Don't know what it's supposed to do though.