Cooksport springs?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by paul_sbt, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Anyone has fitted these to their PH1/2 225? How's the ride quality and maybe a pic of them fitted?

2. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

I have them on my ph1 with r26 shocks and the ride is fine
    Less body roll than standard and slightly harder ride but good enough for everyday driving

3. I have these springs on my r26 and I agree with what mark has said, I will try and take some photos at the weekend

Rich

4. What tyre pressures are you guys using with these springs

Rich

5. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

31 front 28 rear

6. Chears mate thanks mark

Rich

7. Not yet :rolleyes:

8. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Will. has Cooksports on his 225 F1, think he's posted pics in his project thread.

9. Thanks mate, will have a look!

10. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Had mine on my R26 for a good 10mnths now settled really well.

11. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

they are a good upgrade over oem setup.

12. considering of getting them in combination with R26 shocks, anyone got a clue what these cost?

13. Thanks for your input mate, but i meant the price of R26 shocks :wink:

14. Daz

Daz

I still haven't made my mind up on these - all the Meganes I've seen them on look either way to low/broken or spot on. Bit hard to decide on such a 50/50 effort!

15. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Had mine fitted yesterday. Nothing like a bit of last minute.

Come over to the cooksport stand and you'll see the springs ride height when you first pop on them on and then after they've settled (Mine and Ash's cars).

16. I'm from Holland so i'll have to wait for the pic's to show up!

17. Does anyone elses car sit lower on the drivers side rear than on the passenger side or just something else wrong with my car? lol

18. mine sits level, I think...
    you are pretty fat though, on the drivers side... may have made them sag abit?

19. I weigh less than you now you cheeky shit.

20. :wink:

21. That sits just perfect!

22. I keep thinking exactly the same things lol.

23. Well it handles loads better had sportlines on then marks blacks old proline equivalents/copies then cooksports their F1 225 @ french car show was the best imo their other cars were nice too :thumbup:

24. Also tyres make a big difference ask Azagedon i took him round castle combe in mine with 235 35 19 toyo R888 on with same suspension as his :smiley:

25. i think the prolines are a good compromise, the cook sports look too low imo..

pic of my 175 on prolines

tu5egyqe.jpg

26. Daz

Daz

See I think that looks spot on, but surely prolines are a downgrade compared to standard cup shocks/springs?

27. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

gave some tuition to will. around oulton the other day, he's OEM bar cooksports, the poise and slight stiffening was fantastic. so much more composure in the car. my 2p anyway..

28. Very good set up with r888's, I was scared shitless of the the grip levels. I've never pushed mine that hard haha :smile:.

Stance on mine;
    [​IMG]

PERFECT height, still have to be a tad careful on speed bumps and ramps but I'm use to it.

29. Ive had my cooksports on for 10 months now. I dont have a problem with them, good for daily driving!

30. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

The car felt really planted around the corners. I was most pleased with them on Druids. In the Red Bull 265 the instructor was telling me to put power down after the first apex and I did try before and the 265 felt very flimsy. In mine I was able to power all the way through it and it felt solid all the way through.

Also very good at quick change of direction. After the 2nd chicane the quick move to the outside of the track ready for the sharp corner was almost instant.

However, I haven't had this car on track with the standard springs so its not really a fair test. However I will say that I have no intention of upgrading the suspension to anything else for track use.

31. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

In OEM spec your rear would have been alot more squirmy will. if i wasnt on coilys these would be my first upgrade, seriously.

32. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I'll be getting a set soonish hopefully. I keep getting pressured into it :wink:

33. Nice mini review Naith/Will sound pretty much spot on for fast road and track work. Not really had much feedback from track users so it's good to hear.

34. I agree with you there Nathan so much more composed

Rich

35. ^Yep
    That was my first time on track n took it steady (mostly) cos ccrs is not a good starter im told only had one scare but was just a bit fast in one corner
    Starlet was a beast with a nutter drivin
    Az drive it like you stole it lol

sent from moon pandora using mind transfer

36. There are better tyres ask steve.R26R about tyres for 18" reno i like the Dunlop sp max good all weather tyre got some p zero to try for road on my 19"

sent from moon pandora using mind transfer

37. After reading this thread after drinking 8 cans last night I drunkenly ordered cook sport springs for my R26 ha.
    Just got to find someone who fancies fitting them? Is it a job i could do my self with basic tools?

38. How much are the cooksport springs for RSmegane.com members? :smile: