Cookies legitimate intrests

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by ianplymouth, Jun 29, 2024.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

How many of you just click the accept all button ?????

Iv'e had to do it every time i'v try to get on this site, it won't "keep me signed in" i have to go through the whole clicking off buttons on the linked sights, in the first part there are 2780 sites that you are agreeing to to use your information, one of them has a time line of 3650 days, then there's another part bellow that if you click on that hides another 218 sites.

why does Booking.com need to know your data, that's just one, there are so many many more obscure sites that yo are agreeing to :rage::rage::rage:

If ii have to go through all that again, I'M OUT OF HERE

2. What browser are you using?
    I use opera. I objected all "legitimate interest" bullshit once and it keeps me logged in whilst hiding any distracting/intrusive advertising.

3. Well, my knowledge about computing is the same about neurosurgery...none! But I agree, is a toothache when you need to push "agree" to can see any web, every time. As you, I donĀ“t like to share my data with anyone.

4. ianplymouth

This GDPR is total Bull shit, I k ow people that just click accept and think nothing of it, without looking at every site there's no knowing who and more importantly where allthis info there collecting is going.

I think we all might as well put all our banking details, personal information on the Web, sure that's what these companies will do in the end.

5. ianplymouth

It's not for our protection, it's for others to abuse.

Used my phone to buy something off of Ebay, then Ebay suspended my account.
    I contacted them to ask why, they said we think your account has been hacked, you bought something on Friday and we're selling something on Saturday from the USA.
    They reset it and I've never used my phone again for buying anything

6. Welcome to the surveillance economy.