Sponsored By:  

Contiforcecontact 235/35/19 £540 for 4 with this discount code

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by git-r, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I have no connection with this but have ordered a set of these in the above size with the following discount code and thought some other members may benefit from it.

Discount code: RDUKCW33

It's through mytyres and the code should work for any summer tyres - 5% off.

The contiforcecontact's are meant to give similar dry lap times as R888's but have far better wet times, less noise and be longer lasting.

I haven't used a set but will report back if anyone is interested.

Cheers

NJH and Nigelo like this.
  2. Feedback? Interested.

3. Will feedback once I get them and have tracked them.

Here is some info that you might be able to fathom from a German site :

The results :

Summary

EWO hat geschrieben:Ein interessanter Test auf einem 911er zwischen den Reifen-Kandídaten :
    - Pirelli P Zero Trofeo (183 Punkte)
    - Continental Force Contact (181 Punkte)
    - Michelin Sport Cup+ (178 Punkte)
    - Dunlopp Sport MaxxRace (173 Punkte)
    - Toyo R888 (136 Punkte)

Noch etwas genauer. icon_mrgreen.gif

Trockenwertung: (Dry Grip)

SportMaxx Race - 142 Punkte
    P Zero Trofeo - 140 Punkte
    PS Cup+ - 139 Punkte
    ForceContact - 136 Punkte
    R888 - 127 Punkte

Nasswertung (wet):

ForceContact - 45 Punkte
    P Zero Trofeo - 43 Punkte
    PS Cup+ - 39 Punkte
    SportMaxx Race - 31 Punkte
    R888 - 9 Punkte

Warum nicht der neue Trofeo R angetreten ist und wo (sofern mehrere erhältlich) welche
    Mischung im Test war bleibt ein Rätsel.

4. That discount code only lasts for about a week but it's only 5%.

5. Not much between the top 3 points wise there and the Cup + and R888 have now been superseded.

6. Yup...

Dry grip is apparently similar to cup+ .. Wet grip far better.. Thinking of the number of wet days I do it seems to make sense.

7. Another test on semislicks...

http://trackparts.ch/mediafiles//Pdf/semislicktest 13.pdf

At the end, there is a summary.

They basically say that it is the semislick with the best wet performance, best wet braking, but starts to understear earlier then the others, and the "input" is a bit delayed.

8. It definetly has a wet weather bias.

9. I think all continental tyres are marketed as 'safe' but this one comes with only 5mm tread and can dry lap within similar times the MPSC + R888 which is bloody impressive as it's about 45% cheaper.

Initial pricing for them was very expensive - the cheapest were meant to start at £200.

I'm off to Bedford tomorrow with every intention of destroying my current tyres so should hopefully have a set of these fitted before long.

I've ordered them online but haven't paid for them yet... Nothing come through asking for cash yet either. Is this normal when buying from mytyres?

10. Depends, some only take payment when shipped, not ordered. Depends on the source.

git-r likes this.
  11. These arrived today :smile:

Got them fitted by the locals.... And their balancer wasn't working.... Only told me this after I'd already taken two wheels off doh!

Will get them balanced soon then head to the track:smile:

The walls are pretty tough, didn't notice much difference in ride quality, not so many tread blocks to move around...

Fingers crossed :smile:

Nigelo likes this.
  12. Took the car to the garage yesterday and had a few brake tests with the new tyres.

The tyres only had about 5 miles on them but there was a lot more grip on the brakes.

Just the extra grip in braking is very impressive, so much so that i'm wondering how the brakes will cope. I'd be disappointed if the tyres don't hold at least 1.1g

I think there's a noticeable difference in ride quality having driven it slightly more. Not sure if they're much louder yet though. -that's an excellent result for a track tyre as a lot are horrible on the road!

Will have fresh brakes as well as these fresh tyres... Hmmmm what to do? :smile: :smile:

13. Tyres and anchors, you know it makes sense.......

git-r likes this.
  14. Anyone fancy Brands Friday 9th Sept? ... :smile:

15. Got new brakes, had the alignment done then went to Sntterton for a track day yesterday:

Weather was about 30 degrees!

I'll go into more detail if anyone's interested but I wouldn't recommend these tyres.

Grip levels were poor, wear levels were poor, ride comfort is poor compared to normal road tyres.

At snetterton you should be able to sustain 1.1g with track tyres. At 1g the conti's were sliding all over the place.

I'm not sure how much the high track temps affected them as the car seemed quick compared to other cars with track rubber, maybe I'll find them better on a cooler day.

Probably around 100 hard track miles and the front left is hammered on the outside edge, I have no problem with using it again but will need to move it to the back.

Estimate I'll get 4 track days with these tyres... Not good :worried:

16. here's a harry's vid with corner g, it's not that accurate but gives a rough idea.

17. Went to Brands on Tuesday for their second outing.

Weather was around 20 degrees and dry.

Tyres were really bad.

Managed a few high 57 second laps which is actually pretty good, although this was down to the ability of the car not the tyres. It will go quicker with less crap rubber.

I am very angry at having wasted so much money!