265 Cone DIY

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Howzit all, just got my meg and wanted to remove air filter box, but after an hour of messing around, it seems like a crap job to remove, looks like I must remove battery and battery tray.. first question.. to remove battery can I just remove the positive and negative and piece that goes across the battery, and then remove the bat, from there I assume three bolts to remove tray, however I see some things bolted to the sides of the tray, I assume Ecu? Do these have to be unscrewed from tray, or can they stay attached, and I just pull the bat tray to the side, just enough to get airbox out? Thanks in advance for any help with this

2. Need to remove ECU from battery tray as well as all electrical connectors on air filter side then the three large bolts that hold tray, take foto of connectors so replace them easier

3. Hi Bobsan, is the Ecu the black rectangular bits, between battery tray and air filter box? And do you loosen the ECU from the tray, via the two screws, at the ends, I think the screw on the right, has a red cable coming off it?

4. No, the part with red cable is the 'live' rail that distributes voltage around car. The ECU is between battery and front of car held in by two 10mm bolts. Undo them and I think need to remove ECU by disconnecting three multi pin connectors as there are more bolts under it to remove tray. It's a proper faff taking the tray out maybe take a couple foto's before of the area

5. If this is a megane 2 than the ecu is fixed to a plate that is held by the battery tray.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Bobsan, the feedback rely helps, otherwise I'll end up destroying something It's a meg 111 MilosB, I had a blue Mk2 also, I did the induction in that one also, and that one also took a bit of messing around with seazed bolts etc, this one seems similar, best to make sure though, before touching stuff