Concerns (timing belt kit)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ahmed918, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Hi all

when i bought my car about 6 months ago from Renault Croydon, i was told that it’s over 5 yrs old now (13 plate 265 cup) so therefore the timing belt, along with waterpump, dephaser pulley’s etc will be replaced by us as it’s due.

i’ve only just received the paperwork this week and i’m concerned it’s just the timing belt that’s been replaced after looking at the invoice and costs associated to the belt & ‘kit’ at £51 and £93

attached the invoice to this thread

can anyone shed some light on this? Do i need to go back to the dealer and take recourse?
    If it helps at all, i have a whatsapp conversation with the renault salesman, confirming the dephaser pulley’s water pump etc would definitely be replaced prior to point of purchase

Attached Files:

2. If you can prove they said they would do all of it go back

3. Have initiated conversation with the salesman this afternoon. Has certainly changed his tune from prior to purchase and response was that,”when the technician checked the car over, the water pump etc must have been fine, we would always make sure the car is right for sale.”

i replied as,” i don’t doubt the water pump wasn’t / isn’t functioning. Not replacing these parts simply weren’t the terms of this sale.” Have asked either for proof of whether it was done or not, which i highly doubt seeing as not on original invoice, or to discuss next steps with management from therein.

4. Looks like just the belt, no idea if it’s reno policy’s to also change dephaser/pump at same time

can’t see em taking back 6 months after sale
    I personally would take to reputable indi and have lot changed and foot bill

5. Thanks for the reply Bobsan
    Appreciate, it might not be their policy however...

Attached a screenshot of the conversation with the salesman - which clearly shows him accepting that the dephaser / waterpump etc will be fitted.
    Do you think i’ve got a case with this in mind?

Attached Files:

6. Just be aware there are I think 2 or 3 kits with different options and for the price can’t see how they inc de phaser and pump so yer did fit a kit but .......