Coleman's mustard 250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Coleman, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I've had my 250 cup for about 3 weeks now, finally getting round to starting a thread about it.

10 plate with 54k on the clock, just gone through an MOT with the dealer I bought it from, needed rear discs and pads as well as some balljoints up front.

It's been back in for a couple of bits to be done which I noticed after driving for a while. A couple of trim bits needing tidying up and there was a flat spot on two of the tyres.

4 new tires fitted (autogrip :tearsofjoy:) and balanced, we're back on the road!

So, the plans are:

- New tires!
    - A good clean and detailing session.
    - Black inserts on the headlights, possibly buy if I can find a set
    - black wrap on the roof and above the doors
    - new speakers, hopefully the pioneer ts-q131c set fits the mk3
    - new panel filter and mod the air box

Once all that's done, it'll be handling and power. I'm in no rush, it's still the family car at the moment, so needs to be sensible-ish for the time being.

Quick pic I took earlier
    DSC_0035.JPG

Attached Files:

RossoCS and GrumpyTwig like this.
  2. Car looks really nice

- Black inserts on the headlights, possibly buy if I can find a set

you can buy them non OEM, ebay ect

3. Thanks! Gave it a quick wash earlier today, having driven black/grey cars up until recently, I've forgotten how easily grime shows up on lighter colours!
    I've seen some that claim to be DEPO ones, are they any etter than any other after market version?

4. Those pioneers dont fit, renault changed the speakers on the mk3, there dacia duster plugs

5. Cheers, are there any ones that fit straight out of the box?

6. Not that ive seen

Coleman likes this.
  7. Focal do some kits, but they list the same kit for the older models, sure someone on here fitted some to a 250 thou.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017