1. Sorry this has prob been asked before. I am going to change my coils and seen some NGK ones for £20 each but what are the best makes to go for and what to avoid. Each garage is telling me different things. There is all sorts of crap on eBay I'm confused lol

2. Daz

Daz

Nothing wrong with standard!

3. Standard ones are on offer from RPD at the minute think 45 each but I got a multibuy discount when I rang local dealer

4. Standard ones are on offer from RPD at the minute think 45 each but I got a multibuy discount when I rang local dealer

5. NGK are ok just be shure they are the same degree

6. The NGK are only £25 each which is y I was looking at them. Sorry but What do you mean by same degree

craig

7. Can anyone suggest brands please and what does the same degree mean I've got a few jobs to do so trying to save some money where I can.

8. Beru are the genuine coils on these, you can get them from most motor factors a lot cheaper than what dealer prices are. They will probably be around same price as most other aftermarket manufacturers. I can't remember how much I paid for mine but it was less than £100 for 4 iirc

9. I got mine from euro car parts quite a while back worked out about £80 total for all 4. They were beru too.

10. Great thanks guys will def do that

11. I've got the green top Valeo on mine. Been perfect over the years I've had the car.

12. When you tighten the coils down do they screw down till they are totally tight. Or does the bolt turn to a certain point then just spin without tightening down to solid? There is still a little play in the movement of the coils thanks

13. Screws all the way down.
    You can always add a washer.

14. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

don't over tighten them otherwise you'll strip the thread

15. The screws don't go tight tho. They get to a certain point then just spin

16. sounds like it's been been stripped.. I've had all my coil bolt holes helicoiled because of the exact same issue..too easily done :worried:

17. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

18. Can they be tapped out to 7mm and use new 30mm bolts?

19. Just saw your link. Bought already thank you will get some new bolts too and all should be good