Codes ????

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dom c, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Hi there had a massage come up on my dash when I was at the ring it said check injector systems and when I got home had it plugged in and these codes come up can anyone help with what they might be thanks [​IMG]

2. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

This is a MkIII isn't it.

I'd say your issue with the message is the boost pressure sensor but what you need to find out is if it's the sensor itself, the wiring between it and the ECU or the boost pressure being too high. Live data will help you out there.

Mick

3. I've had these code on my mk3. I've changed the boost sensor and still have the same issue.

What boost are you running at peak?

On live data runs I'm hitting 1.6-1.7 bar. 1.6 is the maximum you can go......which point to the standard recirculation valve or the actuator on the turbo.

Hope that helps give you a start point.

4. I'm sure someone said it's impossible to overboost on a mk3?
    Check your actuator to see if it's leaking.

5. mine only reaches 1 bar and that's in sport mode. Is there a certain gear/speed/drive mode i have to be in to get more boost?

6. Make sure its not something as simple as a faulty brake light switch as ref to the top fault code DF022. If the ecu sees throttle and brake it can get confused. Could be a cheap fix. :wink:

7. Glad I don't have a mk3 then. If the ecu sees the brake operated then adds boost when if gets confused.

8. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

It doesn't actually add boost it just thinks "da fuq occurring here" and bangs the generic warning up.

This is where reliable diagnostics are needed over a code reading session. The two are often confused.

9. Makes sense now.