1. Hi, can any help me identifying an issue that im having please, ive noticed over the last few days that at around 3 - 4k revs im feeling what i can only identify as clutch slip, it feels absolutley fine setting off, selecting gears and ive tries setting off with the handbrake on and up hill all fine, i was wondering if it could be something different like a boost leak and ive also heard about a spring under the clutch pedal that can break.

Has anyone had anything similar and can anyone just offer me some advise, thanks guys

2. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Dual mass flywheel on its way can cause slipping symptoms too, what engine is it petrol or diesel? I know when my DMF was on its way in my DCi it was slipping now and then over 3k

3. On my 250, i had something similar a few years ago, cruising in say 4th or 5th gear, accelerate a little, and the revs would for a split second dip then rev up. Never got to the bottom of it, but months after the thermostat packed in, and since it was changed along with air inlet temp sensor it hasnt done it.

4. I have it booked in with my local garage next week so gonna also see what they think, ill bring up what youve said to see if that makes any difference or not, tbh its only done it since my Mrs has been driving it the last couple of weeks.

5. I dont know if its even related, i thought clutch at the time, it only did it in cold and the wet, and when i tried to reproduce it it would happen, and it defo wasnt lossing traction.

6. mine is doing this and its the slave cylinder getting sticky.
    even more the case if its doing it when cold.

try a fast change up when gunning it from cold.
    if the clutch wont come back in quickly,and the revs rise..defo cylinder.

7. How would we fix this? Or is it the case where it will be fine as it is?

8. if its the slave,it means getting to the clutch arrangement.
    People like LUK do kits that include the slave.
    If you are opening the box,you might as well do the clutch as well..
    You also need to check the DM flywheel for play,as they are a wear item on the mk2 meganesport

9. Mine started doing this - took it in and the flywheel was stuck and the clutch about dead

Ended up having new clutch, flywheel, slave, and hoses done :worried:

10. How much did that end up costing all together?

11. It was about £800

12. you really need to be changing flywheel,slave and clutch.Anyone one of these can go.
    You could end up putting a clutch in,and next week the flywheel gives up.
    At the age of these cars now,they all need these things doing.
    If they havnt been looked after,they will become a money pit.