Clutch recommendations

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jez3062, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Got some slipping starting in 4th gear and above when giving it the beans so looking for recommendations on a good clutch set up. Car isn't mapped yet but will be once new clutch is bedded in.

Any links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Deja Vu of someone asking this on Facebook today lol

Try Renpartsdirect, just go stock OEM, unless you are planning on over 400bhp

3. Thanks mate. Can't see me hitting the 400bhp Mark!

Can't seem to find any clutch kits for the mk3 rs though

4. Normally best to contact him

5. My guys got the new clutch from LUK around 2 weeks ago who are now selling them along with DMF's. I've struggled getting around 380lb/ft through the OEM clutch and currently trying a second OEM one after the first one shredded after 4000 miles.

When I spoke to RS Tuning they recommended CG Motorsport in Leeds who will upgrade a standard OEM clutch to dual plate paddle for around £200 plus VAT which might be an option but I haven't tried it yet so don't know how it drives.

I know Jamie runs more power than me and is ok on the standard OEM clutch.

6. Can someone here please supply the part numbers for LUK clutch and DM flywheel?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks for the info guys. As I'm not going crazy power/torque I'll stick with normal set up (for now). Got it booked in over the weekend for new clutch and timing belt service.

Then once it's bedded in, will be getting a map done. Still toying with the idea of going hybrid in the future.......