Clutch problem :(

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Acave24, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Hi all i got up this morning got into the car and pressed the clutch down but i couldn't get it into gear and the clutch pedal didn't lift up, i pulled up the clutch pedal and pumped it quite a few times then i was able to get it into gear. Travelled approx 2 miles and stopped at the lights put it into neutral and once again couldn't get it into first gear so i pumped the pedal again and manged to get home.

Please could someone help me out to find out what the problem could be ?

2. Hydraulic clutch bearing died. Need to replace it, so normal person also changed clutch and dual mass flywheel since the gearbox has to come off.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MAR-LX1A met Tapatalk

3. Cheers Lexy, any idea of the price to get it sorted please?

4. Nope, did it myself, pieces are cheap, labour aint (in Belgium). All prices on kamracing UK. But if you're in the UK I'ld call Williams Mobile Clutch Service. Dude I'is on YouTube. Cheaper than dealer. Grtz

Acave24 likes this.
  5. Have you checked the brake fluid?
    Before you start going down the expensive route check the clutch damper.

8096-bd6d1704577d24366ae796bd1ad75d55.jpg

Its located under the battery, look up from underneath on the near side, check to see if its damp or any corrosion on the anti roll bar/ wishbone for it to be leaking is a common fault.
    I wish some had told me about this as I could have saved £1200.
    After you've checked that then check the clutch slave cylinder.
    If that does not work get your wallet out.

manugtt and Acave24 like this.

6. I've checked the fluid but its still full , does that mean its not leaking and is it a bigger problem, sorry for being a noob

7. Last chance: is the clutch pedal greasy? If your clutch master cylinder is leaking (the bit behind the pedal that actually pushes the Fluid) your carpet eland pedal will get greasy, can leak in engine bay too. But if you're not losing brake fluid...

8. Clutch is worn out, happened to mine, replaced the clutch and all is now good, i was actually on track when the peddle started to not return.

9. I had the clutch not return to me a few times on track, bled the pipe replaced fluid, been fine ever since.

10. Has anybody any idea what part number is the master cylinder please?

11. without good evidence highly unlikely be master cylinder, more likely slave also even if fluid not lot lower the clutch damper can still be weeping although that wouldn't cause stuck pedal

12. Its defo my clutch and ive been quoted 1600-1800 at my local garage, this cant be right can it? :worried:

Does anyone know where i could get it cheaper closer to Blackburn Lancashire if possible?

Thanks in advance guys

13. Probably quoted the high figure cause never done one before, best finding good Reno independent, thought Mark Black up that way maybe