clutch problem help!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by keenan225, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Right guys pulled away from a set of lights then went to change into 2nd gear the clutch pedal stayed down with no return and I lost all drive, now when the clutch is dipped there is oil which sprays out in the engine bay leading me to believe that its a clutch burst pipe I can see the oil on top of the gearbox but cant see where it is coming from

Any ideas on costs on repaires

All coments and help appreciated Paul

2. Check under the battery tray for the connection that joins the clutch pipe to the slave cylinder/bleed point.

3. Okay mate thanks will have a look tomorrow just got the car parkd up there

Is it a big job to fix im not to mechanically minded under the engine bay or should I just put it into a garage

4. If its just that connection it should be easy. If its the slave its a much bigger job, gearbox off. Ive just changed the clutch in my diesel Megane its not that hard but if your not good with the spanners a garage might be best.

5. Going to get it into a garage on monday morning get it looked at

6. Have u checked the slave pipe just to see saves stick not into a garage if it can be easily sorted mate

7. Where would the sleeve pipe be located tho

8. Goes from the brake fluid reservoir down and across the gearbox to the slave.

9. Right guys so got the car back from the garage today, the fella says it was a connection at the gearbox that was broken, I told him that the clutch had been replaced in the last year, and he says it could have been damaged in the process of putting the box back together but was surprised that it lasted this long

10. Least that's it back and running good again take it it wasn't an expensive fix

11. Nope wasnt too expensive at all, just glad its back on the road now, cant wait for xmas to be over start fixing some more niggles on the 'to do' list lol

12. Ano the feeling mate av got a few plans just tryn to save with Xmas mortgage ect it's no the easiest ha