Clutch pedal connector to master cylinder

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by George, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hi All,

When driving about yesterday the clutch pedal dropped completely to the floor and stayed there. The little basket connector off the master cylinder had come of so the pedal wasn't connected. One of the little legs has snapped so it's going to be a bit loose which i think is the problem. It's going to keep working its way off.

I'm thinking a quick solution is to put a cable tie around the basket to keep it tight?

Is this all it is or could there be something more sinister going on?

2. Managed to get a picture

Attached Files:

3. I fixed this issue by replacing it with a valeo unit. I did successfully cable tie it before I replaced it. But I was always conscious after that about pressing the clutch rapidly etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. [​IMG]

Something like this would work though...

George likes this.
  5. Did you have to replace the complete assembly?

Just tried a cable tie, couldn't get it tight enough to do anything though. Will try tomorrow with a tie tightener, if not i'll look at making something like that, cheers.

6. Yes. So you'll have to bleed the clutch.
    Valeo 804815 is the part number I believe.
    If it is temporary as was mine. The master cylinder shaft was loosely cable tied to the pedal. So it could still pivot. And the collars are less than a fiver on the bay.

7. Bleeding.... Thats where i drop out.

I'll try a cable tie on the cylinder shaft then as yesterday i only had one around the connector