250 Clutch options ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Rensport225, Mar 2, 2021.

1. After some advice noticed that my rs250 at 3-4K in 4th when on boost my clutch is slipping slightly :worried: not terrible yet but will need sorting out.

Clutch has 38k on it I guess OE as never changed in history I have.

Lots of options out there but with remap it’s 302 bhp/ 347 lb ft tq

Is it a case of std clutch and flywheel or new duel mass and up rated clutch plate or SMF with clutch or maybe twin paddle and go overboard ?

Been reading up some say SMF not a good idea with Gearbox ?

Either way it’s expensive so want to get it right :wink:

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

At 38k miles i wouldn't change the duel mass, i used mine again and i'm sure that had done over 80k miles.
    As long as it doesn't move more than 10 teeth i was told that was good to go again.

I had mine mapped to 388hp on a standard clutch and didn't have any slipping even on track.

Rensport225 likes this.
  3. That will keep the cost down :smile: so just replace with std clutch plate ? 302050034R and new slave cylinder obviously .. or are there updated options ?

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

You have to use a genuine slave cylinder, there have been quite a few that have had problems with aftermarket ones, as for the plate and cover i used an Luk one, will be cheaper than Renault

Rensport225 likes this.
  5. Booked in at Ktec as they are local to me and should know the job well by now lol

OE clutch and servo

Time to change my mind if anyone has a better idea :smile:

6. RTS Dual compound, way better than soft factory clutch and rated to hi number bhp, one best things I've fitted

7. Jumping in on this thread I’m also looking at a new clutch and options. Mines not slipping but planning on remap soon and Sod’s law it will slip as soon as I get it done. On 89k at moment.

the oem clutch seems to be good for 350lb so that seems like it will be up to the job.

slave seems really expensive oem. 200 quid ish because it now comes as a kit with the bit of pipe. I’ve found a Sachs one for about £90. Is there that much of an issue with non oem if it’s a decent manufacturer??

and flywheel wise I know I’m double the mileage of the OP but How common are failures on them and is it just going to be false economy not to change it whilst the new clutch is going in. No signs of any issues with it at the moment.

8. RTS clutch is must
    Sachs slave is perfect
    DMF sadly unless it’s started to split and vibrate won’t know if rivets starting to come loose until box is out and mechanic can advise