Clutch issues/Dyno results

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by bengunn, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Hi all, so I went up to RsTuning this week to get my helix clutch & flywheel fitted along with a gbox oil change and new 630cc injectors with map to suit. Dyno wise, it was a great result with her now putting out 293bhp with torque again capped at 300 lb/ft to save my con rods, this is on std turbo and only a 2.75" downpipe. But.....the clutch doesn't feel right, I must stress now, this is by no means any reflection whatsoever on RsTuning, they were great, they spent hours bleeding the clutch again and again & trying to see if there was a genuine issue as well as coming through on a broken gearbox seal too. The issue is the clutch has about 1.5-2" of travel at the top of the pedal before anything happens and on a run or overnight the pedal gets worse and can go almost to the floor but returns to before after a few pumps with you sometimes having to pull the pedal back up. There was deffo no air coming out of the system in the end when bleeding for about 2 hrs straight, is there a possibility it can be a poor slave cylinder (New one was put on with clutch) or is there anything else anybody can suggest?

2. id suggest taking it back and get them to fix it. Regardless if it has been bled right something is obviously wrong with the hydraulic system.

3. Maybe a pressure bleed might help a lot over the clutch systems on vag cars don't bleed well but get great results with a preasure bless

4. Take it back, my helix is solid and i mean solid from top to bottom travel wise. In fact I already need a new left leg!

I've had it let go on me a few weeks back and that was down to the slave cylinder giving up. Praying that was just a faulty part.

5. Cheers for the replies. I'll see if the pressure bleed helps.

6. Adz can you remember what slave you used, i got a vtech one which was the higher quality one apparently from gsf but its flimsy rubbish. Hoping its not the slave itself.

7. it's just standard genuine renault one. apparently there is no uprated version :worried:

8. No there is a different design my first slave came with my helix kit and the piping was made from plastic. Couldn't take the extra pressure from the clutch and kept snapping the clips that hold the bleed pipe in place. I ended up getting a new luk slave the pipe work is all metal and in all a better bit of kit.

Been ok the last 6000 miles touch wood

9. Paul at rst has just mentioned that he's seen a few let go lately.. I'm a bit worried ow as I'm always on the motorway. If it goes again I'll take your advice and go with the luk one.

10. The luk is 45 at euro car parts, cheaper than the valeo and the terrible vtech one from gsf. Think ill look at both the luk & valeo ones before i buy.

11. It seems to have sorted itself out??? Steange...got full nice solid pedal now