clutch/ gear not moving at all.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by avni88, May 4, 2014.

1. Hi all. Bought my meg 225 today this morning. Checked it out and it was great. Test drove it and checked everything. Seemed perfect so bought it.
    Sadly.. now its not working.
    Ill be as straight as i can. When you turn the car on.. put it in gear and release the clutch it wont move.. on any gear at all. There is this noise coming from near the engine somewhere. Its a sort of stiff noise as in when you open a door and its very rusty. I drove it from ashford all the way to londom. No issues at all. Then my dad drives in and puts it in second, starts making a turn and when he releases the clutch it just stoped.

I pray someone knows whats up. Thanks in advanced.

2. sorry to hear this bud, only picked mine up yesterday and have been having gear issues but guys on here have reassured me that it is just the nylon bush in the gear mechanism, hopefully yours is something simple also.

When you say releases the clutch, are you putting it in gear, then letting the clutch up all the way but the car doesn't move at all or even stall?

3. Yes thats correct releasing it fully. Not moving an inch just making more of that noise. It sounds like its coming near the engine. Its like a rusty noise.

4. I would check that gear linkage is all present and correct. The gearbox is underneath the battery and airbox.
    Hopefully it's that. The other options may be quite expensive. :worried:

5. Aparently after speaking to one of my mates whos an ex renault mechanic its the clutch.. sadly thsts the case. Ive seen clutch kits on ktec and euro car parts for 200 to 225 gbp. Is that about right?

6. Think so.
    Itll need a fly wheel too. The dual mass ones are basically use once.
    Get a lightweight single mass fly. It'll cost the same, but you'll at least get some silver lining to this cloud.
    Mine slips sometimes and I know I've a bill for £700 coming. Hopefully next year though.

7. Have you got it from dealer or private person? If dealer, then claim from them. If private seller, then ask him to contribute towards repair. I doubt that seller wasn't aware of poor clutch condition.