Clutch Damper Removal

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Tex, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Tex

Tex

2. The picture isn't right for the part you need, but it says it a generic picture, i have fitted one i bought from Ebay but it won't let me open the listing, bought it 2 years ago.

Its distance selling if it wrong or you dont like it you can send it back no questions asked

3. Tex

Tex

Thanks, ordered!

4. [QUOTE

Certainly seems much cheaper than buying from HEL direct - just want to make sure its the right one.
    [/QUOTE]

the item you bought on ebay is Hel ebay outlet and same price as their direct web site, and yes is correct item for megane 250/265/275

Tex likes this.
  5. Mmm...maybe a stupid question, is the same for left and right hand drive? I don´t know where you have the clutch pump!:sweatsmile::sweatsmile: I have noticed all have the brake-boost in the same place but not idea about the clutch pump.

6. I would have thought it would be exactly the same, that's too much work to change from left to right hand drive.

Just look on the right hand side of the engine bay (looking at the engine) should be down the side of the brake servo and the side of the engine bay.

7. Yes, that I suppose too, but only was asking for peace in my mind:tonguewink: Don´t want to open a new thread in "car parts for sale"!:grin:

8. The pipe isn't that expensive and easy to change, it is clipped in both ends

manugtt likes this.
  9. for LHD vehicles the brake pedal and clutch master cylinder pedals are both connected directly to fluid reservoir

for RHD vehicles clutch pedal master cylinder is extended by flexi hose to same fluid reservoir, brake pedal is also extended by large chassis mounted iron bar that connects to same fluid reservoir

manugtt likes this.
  10. Well, I´ll take advance this thread to tell you a problem I had today with the fucking clutch line.
    When I fit the Hel line this morning and go to bleed the circuit, I push the pedal and the line go out of the pump. It is like the clip don´t assembly at all. I try a few times and nothing. So, I decide to fit the old line again.
    Have this problem somebody else??

11. Assuming the end of the new part is same as old part must be that the push-in clip is not locating correctly, all can do is keep trying

when bleeding connect the ‘pump’ end first of the new pipe while elevating the gearbox end then slowly lower that end until fluid starts coming out, then connect to gearbox, doing this will push all air out of new pipe

manugtt likes this.