R26 Clutch bleeding

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mowzer, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Hi all I'm fitted a billet solid flywheel and R26r clutch to my R26 my question dose anyone know of the best way to bleed the clutch fluid? It has the odd sliding bleed thing rather than a normal bleed nipple. Any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Following

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. I know my mechanic pre fills the slave before fitting as makes it alot easier to bleed he says

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Lexy and Mowzer like this.
  4. That makes sense mate i will use a syringe and a pipe to pre fill the slave first. As the bleeder is only half way along the pipe really lol thanks for the reply

5. No worrys hope it sorts your problem! Just had a SMF and r26r clutch fitted 2 weeks ago feels much better

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Mowzer likes this.
  6. JJZ

JJZ

i have heard of this way before as well pre filing the slave cylinder these clutches are hard to bleed so a little bit of research does help an awful lot but i’m sure there is other ways to fit to get the adjustment right as well. i have heard some clutch pedals being a couple of inches from the floor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowzer likes this.
  7. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

If you have any bit of a peddle feeling, pump 10-20 times and then wedge the peddle down for a hour or so or overnight and release slowly

Mowzer and Jukidam like this.
  8. i blead it this morning after connecting a pipe to the slave with a bottle of fluid to the other end let it gravity bleed to fill the slave then bleed as normal. Worked a treat

Lexy and JJZ like this.