225 Clutch Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by AlexGSi2000, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Well - as I pretty much anticipated, the clutch has started slipping a few weeks after having the car remapped.

Its only slipping on heavy load around peak torque, its mainly the missus' car - so iv told her to keep it light for a few weeks (hoping it will last until around christmas when I should have a chance to replace it)

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any clutch kits to go for? The car is remapped so unsure if another standard clutch will last liong? - not wanting to go all out and fit a paddle clutch or anything like that, just maybe a more robust alternative over standard.
    I have found this standard one so far, listed as 240mm - is this correct?:
    http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...73570cf5dc1f7db5860e66bf010d6f6cc5ae36&000069

In terms of the DMF - it still seems tight with no knocks or bangs, will try and avoid replacing unless I find a lot of play.

Is there anything else to bear in mind when swapping over the clutch? I will be changing the gearbox oil again (only changed 2 months ago after we purchased the car!) - are there any seals.etc worth replacing?

Also, in terms of difficulty, im hoping nobodys going to tell me Ill loose the will to live, I have done clutches in a few of my previous cars - im still completely novice when it comes to Meganes!
    Looks like ill be asking santa for a transmission jack. :smiley:

2. Ive changed a few megane clutches and its not too bad of a job.

Mine is fine on the standard clutch 18 months after the remap.

Make sure you get a decent slave cylinder. I had to change 3 in less than a year on a diesel.Came with the luk kit. Ive since fitted a bigger O ring and swapped the pins for small bolts and its lasted over a year upto yet.

3. Thanks James,

So you reckon the replacement slaves that come with the LUK kits arent that good?
    Would genuine OEM be better?

4. I wouldn't use one again. When I change the clutch in my trophy im getting an oem one.

5. OEM everytime for the slave.

6. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Oem is only a Valeo one

7. I have seen a local(ish) tuning company selling a clutch kit for a reasonable price - its listed for a R26/F1 - is it the same clutch/fitment?

8. Well - the new clutch kit has arrived.
    I have the use of a ramp and will be using a transmission jack and engine support brace.

Any pointers on the removal of the old clutch?
    I have found a brief guide which states the subframe needs to be removed.

9. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Lots of wd and take your time

10. Yea subframe out mate, easy after that battery tray out etc

11. Good stuff, I have set aside a few days over Christmas to get it done.

12. I undo everything at the top first before jacking it up. Battery tray, air box+pipes and loosen the mounting. 2 days will be easy enough with it getting dark early.